• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beaufort SC dining

towelie99

Reaction score
so heading there next week on business. what good restaurants in the downtown area? have to entertain clients one night so any nicer casual places would be good

I have eaten at Plum's and it was good and have heard that Saltus and Emily's are also good.

Plum's and Panini's are what I would consider the best options.

Emily's has been more hit than miss for me, but the others have been better.

Honestly, I spent every summer there and have yet to have a great meal. However, the waterfront is great and East Bay is great.

Plums is good and the Shrimp Shack over on Lady Island is really good too. I have heard Dockside over on Port Royal is pretty decent, but have never been.

It's fairly expensive, but Griffin Market on Carteret Street (2 or 3 blocks from intersection with Bay Street) is excellent.

Shrimp Shack, although technically on Helena, is a great suggestion. However, if its a business meal, it might be a little too adventurous.

Avoid whatever that fairly new Bubba place is at all cost.

I just got back from down that way and another place is Johnson Creek Tavern right before you get to Hunting Island State Park. It pretty casual and laid back but the food was really good as were the drinks.

Plums is good and the Shrimp Shack over on Lady Island is really good too. I have heard Dockside over on Port Royal is pretty decent, but have never been.
I did Dockside, pretty much just a ton of fried seafood. The place is hoping on Saturday night, line out the door to get in. Plums had a solid sandwich, nice vibes, which I appreciate.

I did Dockside, pretty much just a ton of fried seafood. The place is hoping on Saturday night, line out the door to get in. Plums had a solid sandwich, nice vibes, which I appreciate.

I’ve been trying to get a reservation for a couple months now (they open a month out and book within minutes), but Blacksheep is starting to get some pretty serious recognition.

How has Old Bull Tavern not been mentioned? So, so good and awesome atmosphere. Best overall option by far, IMO, unless you're set on sitting outside.

How has Old Bull Tavern not been mentioned? So, so good and awesome atmosphere. Best overall option by far, IMO, unless you're set on sitting outside.
Another place that you need to book weeks in advance. The problem with Beaufort is a lack of restaurants.

Back