• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beer in student section

I will say I'd prefer if there were no beer / soda cans and bottles. Too much of an opportunity for bad things.

Pour into a plastic cup instead.

what student section? This was the first game at the Joel I attended since X last year (Also went to PNC a few weeks ago for the first time. you're welcome :cool:). There may have been 70 students at the Joel yesterday not including the band. So yes, I'm cool with doing whatever means possible to get butts in the seats. I don't care if we promote drink specials to get them to come.

Also, what is up with pre-game pump up? It was very underwhelming. Has it been this way all year? I miss the days of blasting Guns N' Roses and getting super jazzed for the start of the game.

Nevermind beer; how about getting sports marketing to throw some t-shirts at our fans for Louisville?

facility-main-ljvm2.jpg

I heard I mentioned earlier, but are they doing the whole if an opponent misses two consecutive free throws everyone in the crowd gets a free chick-fil-a sandwich? To me this seems like a great idea. Throw in some booze and the first competitive season in 6 years and the Joel might start rocking again.

Also we need to get some actual coordination on the student section shirts. A bunch of kids in pastel polo's is what is really a bad look here, I don't care if they have a drink in their hands.

I'd say it's 95-5 booze hounds to Baptist.

Might need a public poll.

A quick word from someone who regularly does both: enjoying a few beers at a Wake Forest game and attending a church that celebrates Baptist principles are DEFINITELY not mutually exclusive activities.

Just please don't drive yourself home after the former.

The Camel City Goods headbands the students got on Saturday were legit.

They sell beer at the Carrier Dome.

I thought they also sell beer at NC State hoop games at PNC. Is that incorrect?

NCSU only sells it at the club level, so most of the fans can't purchase it. Similar to what WF did in the tower at football games before you guys started selling that everywhere.

A quick word from someone who regularly does both: enjoying a few beers at a Wake Forest game and attending a church that celebrates Baptist principles are DEFINITELY not mutually exclusive activities.

Just please don't drive yourself home after the former.

Right on, thanks man. I'll keep that in mind

I heard I mentioned earlier, but are they doing the whole if an opponent misses two consecutive free throws everyone in the crowd gets a free chick-fil-a sandwich? To me this seems like a great idea. Throw in some booze and the first competitive season in 6 years and the Joel might start rocking again.

I think it's only in the last few minutes of the game.

Back