• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Benghazi Report- a clusterfuck

I really just wanted the people responsible (mainly Obama and Clinton) to eat a full serving of the BS they fed the American public. We made huge errors, and then the admin lied about it (in my opinion based on the evidence I have seen), but it isn't as though Benghazi is some impeachable offense unless someone lied under oath (which I am not aware of happening). It was politics as usual from a president who ran his first campaign on being different. It all went down during an election where he was spouting the same BS while lying out of the other side of his mouth. It was more evidence to me that Obama was just another guy hungry to protect himself rather than lead, which was disappointing.

His presidency has been a huge letdown. He won the 2008 primary against Hillary because he convinced the Democratic party that he was a different politician. That he could rise above the usual political power games that are only about protecting oneself. An empty suit would have beaten McCain, but he ran and sold himself as something different than Bush. When you look back at Obama's presidency, it is almost a mirror image of Bush. Who knows what will happen in 2016, but I would give better than 50/50 odds that Republicans between now and then. By the time Obama is done he will have evened the scorecard with the Bush presidency which no one would have dared dreamed to say 5 years ago. He is a charlatan. Benghazi just revealed who he is.

Clinton is no charlatan...everyone knows what she is about. It is no coincidence that she resigned at the first possible moment she could. The last thing Hillary wanted was to be answering questions about Benghazi during her prep time for 2016. It will certainly be interesting to see how the Republicans handle the Benghazi situation with Hillary. Mitt completely wet the bed during that debate, and allowed Candi and Obama to team up and bully him. Pubs better have a strong plan, because you know Hillary is preparing to neutralize this issue at all costs. It is her largest stumbling block in my opinion.

ONW - would like to hear your thoughts on the situation. You say you are conflicted...explain the conflict.

It's this political football stuff that obfuscates the kind of policy discussion ONW is interested in.

It's this political football stuff that obfuscates the kind of policy discussion ONW is interested in.

Not really. Political football matters a great deal towards policy discussion (see ACA).

No matter how many independent groups investigate Bengahazi Wrangor, DeacMan and others on the board will never listen. Wrangor needs an excuse, no matter how false, to justify his overt hatred and being brainwashed.

They also refuse to deal the historical fact that the past five years have had the most obstructionist Congress in US history. Things that were no brainers before like roads bills, unemployment extensions, food stamps and many more have been blocked. Cloture was used on bills that passed the House with 90% margins just because the GOP's plan from Day One was to ruin Obama's presidency.

The huge errors made were political. This has always been about football. It's not about figuring out how we could've better protected our diplomats. It's about moving the ball.

The huge errors made were political. This has always been about football. It's not about figuring out how we could've better protected our diplomats. It's about moving the ball.

Doesn't that really describe everything in today's us v them political climate? What issue of any significance are either party concerned about figuring out how to do things better?

Because there isn't anything we need to figure out. They asked for more resources, we didn't provide them. We either needed to provide more security, or we needed to get them out of there. The solution is obvious. Instead we wanted to play nice with the locals and the terrorist group used that to their advantage. They assessed our weakness and capitalized.

Fixing that would mean the people responsible (Obama and Clinton) first admitting that is what happened, taking ownership that they screwed up, and then electing better leaders that don't play nice in dangerous areas. It is a philosophical issue. Obama doesn't want to be a symbol of fear. This is why he drones people. He wants to put a good public face in the area while he goes about his dirty work. It blew up in his face. He didn't take responsibility, and instead created a false alternative narrative.

What brilliant scheme should we be discussing? Moving the ball will always be the goal until we elect a president who no longer cares about the score. Until that day both parties are forced to move the ball, because if they don't they will each find themselves on the wrong side of the next Obamacare or Bush tax cuts.

Um, the people who care about the score are the people. It's not the politicians. The politicians play the game because the people like the game.

The career officers who were working within a budget are the ones who screwed up. The people at the top don't make those decisions. That's staff is for.

What am I doing? Wrangor has been told what to think and no amount of reality will get in his way or change his mind.

BDZ, the Administration did screw up to some extent. Then they did the right thing by bringing in Pickering and others who were above petty political machinations to do a in depth report on what needs to be fixed. The ARB report really hit a lot of people hard. The ARB had something like 50 suggestions and they are being implemented.

Of course no amount of reality will ever get in the way of Wrangor and DeacMan. To thier core, they have been brainwashed to believe these things and even the IRS non-scandal.

Um, the people who care about the score are the people. It's not the politicians. The politicians play the game because the people like the game.

Could not disagree more. Obama ran his 2008 election on the idea that he wasn't going to play the game.

Could not disagree more. Obama ran his 2008 election on the idea that he wasn't going to play the game.

But you don't blame the GOP who refused to work with him even on projects that they proposed.

The career officers who were working within a budget are the ones who screwed up. The people at the top don't make those decisions. That's staff is for.

What am I doing? Wrangor has been told what to think and no amount of reality will get in his way or change his mind.

BDZ, the Administration did screw up to some extent. Then they did the right thing by bringing in Pickering and others who were above petty political machinations to do a in depth report on what needs to be fixed. The ARB report really hit a lot of people hard. The ARB had something like 50 suggestions and they are being implemented.

Of course no amount of reality will ever get in the way of Wrangor and DeacMan. To thier core, they have been brainwashed to believe these things and even the IRS non-scandal.

The ARB was hand-picked by Clinton and didn't bother to interview her. Not sure what the "AR" is supposed to stand for under those conditions. Maybe I had higher expectations for "the most transparent administration in history" than hand-picking who isn't going to interview you, and calling in sick to delay your congressional testimony until after the election.

How can you say that the people at the top don't decide to make "those decisions"? As in "the decisions" to withdraw from a country b/c it is too unstable and can't be adequately secured? Yeah, that seems like something we should deputize to hourly employees. Let's get the interns on that once they're done with the shredding. Facepalm

Last edited:

That's all part of the game. Get serious. This board wouldn't exist if the football didn't matter. People love the football, so the players play.

That's all part of the game. Get serious. This board wouldn't exist if the football didn't matter. People love the football, so the players play.

I don't think the "people" actually even know the game. The true believers don't know it is all bullshit. They think that the other side is evil and their guy thinks the same thing. It is all bullshit...most people would die if they saw how much the Pubs and Dems are on the same team playing the poop our of Joe Q Public.

Wait, you mean the oceans aren't actually going to respond to Obama's election by ceasing their rise? That was just part of the con? That's not really going to happen? Man, and I had my hopes up for nothing. It seems that I too have been taken by the hoax.

As long as my health care costs go down on the policy I get to keep, Guantanamo is closed and Obama personally fuels Peggy's car and pays her mortgage, I'm willing to overlook the whole transparency thing.

If your point is that all politicians lie to get elected, then why is it so hard to believe that Obama & Co. might not have been honest brokers about Benghazi on the eve of the last election of his life? Hasn't that been the point the entire time?

Last edited:
Here comes the captain of the cheerleaders.

Let me guess, you're not going to answer the question, are you? I'll repeat it, so we can all be clear on exactly what you are dodging:

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoublezero View Post
That's all part of the game. Get serious....

So I asked you:

If your point is that all politicians lie to get elected, then why is it so hard to believe that Obama & Co. might not have been honest brokers about Benghazi on the eve of the last election of his life? Hasn't that been the point the entire time?

And you ran and hid. Again.

I'm sure they weren't completely forthcoming about Benghazi, I'm sure they were considering the political implications, and I'm sure it doesn't really matter other than putting points on the board. That's how politics works.

The only question I have ever asked is where was the President after 4:00pm on September 11, 2012? They never have answered the question. They never will answer the question. They always avoid the question. That tells me all I need to know.

The only question I have ever asked is where was the President after 4:00pm on September 11, 2012? They never have answered the question. They never will answer the question. They always avoid the question. That tells me all I need to know.

As opposed to your guy who kept reading a children's story while our nation's cities were under attack.

You are really funny and predictable.

Back