• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Airline Rewards Credit Cards

New to this. We've been using a United mileageplus explorer card for years without much thought. How did you get a 175k offer when all I see online is an 80k offer?

Use the following link in Incognito for 175k

So I’m going to be traveling a ton for work. I’ve got a United CC that I put my rent on. Work gives me a CC but I still have to pay it and then they reimburse. Thinking of getting a delta card for all work expenses and not using the work one. Build status on both as they seem to have the most flight options out of Tampa

Deltas new loyalty program kinda sucks, really only matters to put the flights you are buying on the card. Anything else during travel would be better off on a hotel or general rewards card.

rent on a credit card???

my brother said amex platinum is actually better for Delta than the Delta cards themselves

What’s the issue with the delta loyalty program?

Status is almost 100% dependent on amount spent on the ticket itself, no longer matters segment of flights or fight miles. Additionally the conversion of dollars spent on the card for things outside of tickets, so everything else, is a poor ratio to earning medallion qualifying dollars. I think to get silver status you need to put about $75,000 for the year on the card. They over corrected from covid times where everyone was allowed to roll over status and accumulated miles resulting in everyone being elite so nobody was elite, now it’s basically nobody is elite because nobody can earn elite.

Back