• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Albums of the 80's

mekons-555-l.jpg

Pretty good list considering it incorporates pretty much every genre, even if the list overall has a decidedly indie bent to it.

Hard for me to find an album better than 32. Eric B. & Rakim, Paid in Full.

Moving Picture and Blizzard of Oz were both released in the 80s and belong on that list.

Of the albums on that list my favorites are REM "Murmur", Roxy Music "Avalon", and Prince "Sign 'o the times". Pretty solid list in my opinion.

How can I take this seriously when I look at the list and three spots down is "Los Angeles", by X. 98th place? Really? IN THE 80's?? While Cyndy Lauper is 22nd?

The list sucks. Kate Bush, who I like, with multiple albums? Some past-prime Clash? Grace Jones?

Just off the top of my head, some albums that should be included:

The Jam - Sound Affects
Marshall Crenshaw - Marshall Crenshaw
The Style Council - Cafe Bleu
Madness - Absolutely
The dBs - Stands for Decibels

A few albums that could have made this list are "The Unforgettable Fire" by U2, "Ghost in the machine" by The Police and "Tattoo you" by The Rolling Stones. I was bored today and looked through my album collection and ran across these records.

Back