• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best All-Around Credit Card

WakeUp08

Reaction score
Hello Pit Dwellers...I haven't been around much recently but I'm surfacing to put this opinion question out to you finance nerd types.

I'm looking to open a new credit card. I've got one Wells Fargo MasterCard that I use for any credit card purchases. I typically don't carry a balance from month to month unless I have to make some emergency big purchase and take a couple months to pay it off. My card has no annual fee and about a 15% APR. Minimal rewards program - 1 point per $1 on all types of purchases. I'm tired of Wells Fargo for various reasons and am looking to move my finances, starting with credit card, to another institution. Side note - I am eligible to open accounts at State Employees Credit Union and USAA.

What kind of card do you all recommend that has no annual fee, comparable APR, and if I can get better rewards than simple 1 point per dollar that'd be great.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, just read that thread. Assuming you are charging more than $1k/month on whatever card you use, don't be afraid of dat annual fee. Barclays mastercard is pretty awesome. 2.2 points per and like $500 free upon signup. Best mix of signup bonus (free money) and use afterwards.

Thanks for the link to that Wakelaw...thought there had been a pretty extensive thread on this before but I couldn't find it.

Back