• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best April Stat line?

South Deac

Reaction score
Who has had the best April stat line so far?

Kemp: .378 Avg, 20 R, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 15 BB, 8 SB, .460 OBP
Votto: .379 AVG, 24 R, 5 HR, 16 RBI, 23 BB, 3 SB, .509 OBP
Braun: .356 AVG, 24 R, 10 HR, 23 RBI, 16 BB, 3 SB, .454 OBP
Berkman: .410 AVG, 23 R, 8 HR, 22 RBI, 9 BB, 0 SB, .467 OBP
Bautista: .360 AVG, 25 R, 9 HR, 15 RBI, 28 BB, 2 SB, .529 OBP
Holliday: .433 AVG, 18R, 3 HR, 16 RBI, 13 BB, 0 SB, .542 OBP (missed 7 gms)

Pitchers:
Weaver: 45.2 IP, 6-0, 49K, 0.99 ERA, 0.79 WHIP
Haren: 44.0 IP, 4-1, 38 K, 1.23 ERA, 0.75 WHIP
Johnson: 34 IP, 3-0, 33K, 1.06 ERA, 0.65 WHIP

I think it is pretty obvious the stats support Weaver as most impressive pitcher, but Johnson has taken 3 no hitters into the 6th inning and hasn't let up a run in the first four innings of any of his starts. Pretty sure you could argue for any of the hitters because none of them stand out above the rest

So who do you have as the most dominant hitter so far? I went into this thinking it was Bautista or Braun, but I am going with Berkman?

It's gotta be Bautista.

Much higher OBP than Braun or Berkman and a higher SLG. Not surprisingly, he also tops the majors in RC/27, wOBA, WAR, and pretty much any other stat you could try to make up.

Also, you didn't get today's stats in there I don't think. I know Bautista's are wrong, but I didn't check anyone else's.

I originally thought that too, but the .410 average with more RBIs is hard to argue. But I do think Bautista brings more than what is outlined in these basic stats.

I originally thought that too, but the .410 average with more RBIs is hard to argue. But I do think Bautista brings more than what is outlined in these basic stats.

No it's not.

As of yesterday's games, Bautista is hitting .372 and Berkman is hitting .402. The problem is, even with his higher average, Berkman doesn't get on base nearly as much because he hasn't walked as much. Bautista has a .542 OBP and Berkman has a .464.

The RBIs are almost completely irrelevant because Toronto's top 2 hitters just haven't been getting on base at all. You can't knock em in if they aren't there. Well, you can knock in one (yourself), which Bautista has done 9 times.

The RBIs are almost completely irrelevant because Toronto's top 2 hitters just haven't been getting on base at all. You can't knock em in if they aren't there. Well, you can knock in one (yourself), which Bautista has done 9 times.

I don't think it is irrelevant because Bautista hasn't provided as many runs for his team as the other guys have. Definitely not his fault, but I guess it is just a repeat of the Felix vs CC and Price in the Cy Young race last year.

Felix had the low ERA but 12/13 wins (not his fault), while Price and CC had higher ERAs and more wins.

Back