• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Bars - ATL and Savannah

WakeUp08

Reaction score
What up Pit Bosses...

I'm going on a trip of some of the South's finer cities with some of my friends who were unfortunately yankee-born. Trying to come up with the best places to go out, eat, and things to do in Atlanta and Savannah that aren't outrageously expensive. I know there's a lot of Atlanta Deacs on here, so help me out...

Holeman & Finch Public House is probably a must do in Atlanta - great food, atmosphere and fantastic drinks

H&F is a great place, but it's kind of in no man's land between Midtown and Buckhead. I am a big fan of the cocktails there though.

You'll want to go out in the Highlands. Just tell a cab to take you to Virginia and Highland. There are more bars than I can count in the general area and if nothing right around Virginia and Highland really strikes your fancy (I am partial to Taco Mac, Fontaine's Oyster House, and Highland Tap), you can walk down Highland toward Ponce you'll hit another run of bars (Dark Horse, Limerick Junction, Neighbors, etc.). E-mail me if you want more specific recommendations on food, places to stay, etc. and I'll tailor to your price point.

Thanks Wakelaw...I'm definitely planning on hitting you up when it gets a little closer to our trip for some more specific info. We'll be coming through town in May - after exam hell and before summer jobs start up.

There is a great sports bar across from the Vortex in Midtown, its called Bulldogs.

There is a great sports bar across from the Vortex in Midtown, its called Bulldogs.

Is that the place with the tap at your table? Also, if it is a nice spring day, you would be hard pressed to find better scenery than the deck @ Neighbors in the Highlands.

Twisted Taco off Crescent in Midtown. Fado's in Buckhead. The East Paces area of Buckhead.

Ha! I just realized what you guys were talking about...been a while since I have been in Midtown. I was talking about the sports bar in the new high-rise.

Ha! I just realized what you guys were talking about...been a while since I have been in Midtown. I was talking about the sports bar in the new high-rise.

STATS on Marietta Street is a great sports bar that has beer taps at each table.

As far as cool bars in Atlanta, VA Highlands has plenty. One that is on the other side of town is called Ormsby's, they have 2 indoor bocce ball courts, shuffleboard, darts, pool AND an impressive beer list. Its a great place to start out the night.

As far as eating, depends on what you want. If you're in the mood for a burger, Atlanta has some great places. Steak, great places. Etc etc etc.

In Savannah, I'd go to the dueling pianos bar, but basically walking up and down River St is gonna get you to all the good stuff. Jazz'd is pretty good for a Tapas place. Ms. Wilkes' Boarding House for lunch.

Back