• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Bruce Springsteen song from the 80s?

Best Bruce Springsteen Song of the 80s

• Total voters

DeaconSig

Reaction score
What is your pick? I think it has to be one of "Atlantic City" "Brilliant Disguise" or "I'm on Fire."

Atlantic City is greatness.

I forgot about Brilliant Disguise. Very underrated song off what was then a very overrated album. I don't think Born In The USA and Tunnel Of Love have aged well as albums. They are really bogged down by 80s production and synths, though there are still some gems on those albums, obviously.

tough choice between I'm on Fire and Dancing in the Dark for me.

used to know both those on guitar, need to look them up again.

I know "Dancing in the Dark" is the "Touch of Gray" for E-Street fans but I have loved that song since I was a little kid.

i am a particular fan of the river.

i'm not considered a real springsteen fan though.......

Atlantic City is greatness.

I forgot about Brilliant Disguise. Very underrated song off what was then a very overrated album. I don't think Born In The USA and Tunnel Of Love have aged well as albums. They are really bogged down by 80s production and synths, though there are still some gems on those albums, obviously.

Springteen's Atlantic City isnt even the best version of that song.

I voted Mr. State Trooper only because the lyrics are cool and the Cowboy Junkies cover of it makes it a good song. Other than that, I never liked Springsteen.

Dancing in the Dark is the best song that Adam Sandler ever did. As for the Boss, I'll take Atlantic City or I'm on Fire.

Voted for I'm On Fire, but I loved Born in the USA as a kid.

During the 2008 Summer Olympics, we were watching the last Michael Phelps race (the one where he had a shot to break the medal record) at Sign of the Whale. The bar turned down the music and turned up the audio on the broadcast, so I convinced the DJ to crank Born in the USA if Phelps ended up winning. Obviously he did and the DJ timed it perfectly. Clearly the most fun anyone has ever had watching swimming on TV.

Back