• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best CO Beer?

anyone been to the Oskar Blues brewery in Brevard yet? between that and New Belgium coming to Asheville, some major CO breweries are invading in NC. not to mention Sierra (though it's CA obvi).

anyone been to the Oskar Blues brewery in Brevard yet? between that and New Belgium coming to Asheville, some major CO breweries are invading in NC. not to mention Sierra (though it's CA obvi).

Wait, what?

I now have a trip to plan.

Don't forget, Asheville is now Beer City USA. More breweries per capita than anywhere in the US.

Wait, what?

I now have a trip to plan.

Don't forget, Asheville is now Beer City USA. More breweries per capita than anywhere in the US.

wait what to what?

I didn't realize that Oskar Blues was in Brevard until I saw it printed on the can.

but yeah Sierra and New Belgium are close to (or have?) opening their major east coast breweries there.

Actually this is a pretty good idea, i might steal it. Are there any good WA beers? I might drop by City Bev to see if they've got any

wait what to what?

I didn't realize that Oskar Blues was in Brevard until I saw it printed on the can.

but yeah Sierra and New Belgium are close to (or have?) opening their major east coast breweries there.

Wait what as in its news to me and I need to go there.

wait what to what?

I believe Sierra is going out by the Airport, but the New Belgium one is going in the River Arts District (near downtown). There is a large clearing that you can see from the Smokey Park bridge (saw it yesterday for the first time because I left work early, drive by it every day, but usually it's dark in the AM and PM when I drive by) which I assume is going to be where New Belgium Brewery is going to go.

I believe Sierra is going out by the Airport, but the New Belgium one is going in the River Arts District (near downtown). There is a large clearing that you can see from the Smokey Park bridge (saw it yesterday for the first time because I left work early, drive by it every day, but usually it's dark in the AM and PM when I drive by) which I assume is going to be where New Belgium Brewery is going to go.

You would be correct.

The Asheville beer scene is ridiculous. Not the same town I grew up in. That being said, I do think as a whole they go overboard on the hop. Similar to how California decided that the oakier the wine the better, Asheville has decided that a beer is not a beer unless it sucks every ounce of moisture out of your body.

best Washington beer that you could easily get here is Pyramid or Redhook, neither of which are awesome

best Washington beer that you could easily get here is Pyramid or Redhook, neither of which are awesome

yeah. i drank well in seattle when i was there this summer, but even in NoCal we don't get much in the way of good Seattle beer.

yeah. i drank well in seattle when i was there this summer, but even in NoCal we don't get much in the way of good Seattle beer.

Thanks. By easily do you mean grocery stores, or places like city bev/stella brew?

Dale's Pale Ale.

/endthread

Back