• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best "College Town"

Best "College Town"

• Total voters
Chapel Hill y'all. If you can ignore all the baby blue, it's an awesome town.

Princeton is pretty cool, plus its on the train line to NY - 45 minutes and you are in one of the greatest cities in the world.

I have visited before, and it is certainly pretty awesome. But doesn't fit the sort of community I'm looking for here.

Athens, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa... Best college towns are in the ESS EEE SEE

I have never been to Gainesville or Tuscaloosa, so that is why they aren't on the poll. Why are they awesome?

Also the two clowns that voted for Chapel Hill need to out themselves. I was over that town when I was 17. It has no redeeming qualities for anyone over 19.

I used to think Chapel Hill was a cool town. Then I went to Austin. 6th Street is SO much better than Franklin and the rest of CH can't compete with the rest of Austin.

Shoutout to the B-R.

Picture this:

When I was in HS, the drinking age at LSU bars was 18. So you had a combo of hundreds of 18yo tiger sloots as well as 16-17yo HS sloots with Fake 18 IDs crawling all over tigah town. It was a beautiful thing.

But probs Austin now, or maybe Boulder Brahlorado.

I used to think Chapel Hill was a cool town. Then I went to Austin. 6th Street is SO much better than Franklin and the rest of CH can't compete with the rest of Austin.

Yeah, but it's in fucking Texas.

Columbus, Austin and Madison are too big to be college "towns". Hell, so is Cville. When I think college towns, I think of Blacksburg, State College, Clemson.... But of the places on that list, the only trade-ups from Cville would be Austin and Boulder. Maybe Eugene, but I've never been there.

My older brother lives in Madison and I love walking around downtown/campus (since that's on in the same there at U-dub). Not to mention they are the originators of the Halloween bash on State St. that the goats have been claiming in CH with their Franklin St. party for a long time now!

My older brother lives in Madison and I love walking around downtown/campus (since that's on in the same there at U-dub). Not to mention they are the originators of the Halloween bash on State St. that the goats have been claiming in CH with their Franklin St. party for a long time now!

Well, that's actually kinda shitty now. But back in the day it used to be awesome.

Halloween in Austin is also >>>>>>>>> Franklin St. I have been to both and it isn't even close.

Back