• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best cooking spice

The fact the this thread is on its second page without a single mention of cayenne makes me consider returning to the Suck boards.

i'd have to agree it is cumin with a slight edge over any form of smoke chili powder. it was actually pretty tough to pick a spice because they are so 1 note that you rarely eat a food flavored with just 1 spice, or at least i don't normally. if spice blends were allowed, then i think i'd give the edge to five spice as it is incredibly versatile

i'd have to agree it is cumin with a slight edge over any form of smoke chili powder. it was actually pretty tough to pick a spice because they are so 1 note that you rarely eat a food flavored with just 1 spice, or at least i don't normally. if spice blends were allowed, then i think i'd give the edge to five spice as it is incredibly versatile

Chili powder is a blend of spices including cumin.

Cumin is the #1.

I used to work for McCormick & Co. so I can speak with authority on these matters.

I would go with black pepper, with cumin a close second.

However, Celery Seeds are vastly underrated. They're the secret ingredient in so many savory dishes. Yum.

If you've smelled cardamon, you know that's the answer.

Back