• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Hall & Oates song?

bigdoublezero

Reaction score
Too many solid options here for a pole.

I'll kick off the nominations with "Maneater":

Gotta be you make my dreams come true. But underdog nom: when the morning comes. Love that song.

They opened for Sha Na Na in Wait Chapel.

Daryl was married to my friend's sister when met Sara.

This is one of my favorites and one you may never have heard. We heard them plays this in bars.

Last edited:
It's rich girl. one of my favorite pop songs under 3 mins OF ALL TIME

Can't choose just one. Here's my top 10:

I Can't Go For That
Forever For You
Do What You Want, Be What You Are
She's Gone
Romeo Is Bleeding
Out Of Touch
Say It Isn't So
Wait For Me
Rich Girl
Back Together Again

Sara Smile is one of the better ballads ever recorded by a white dude.

Rich Girl, Sara Smile and She's Gone are all formidable entries.

As I get older, I appreciate them more, even their pop stuff like Private Eyes, You Make My Dreams Come True, Kiss Is On My List, etc... Their stuff like One On One and Maneater, while I thought it to be poppy at the time, is really more in line with the R&B of the early to mid 80s before it was swallowed up by the abomination known as hip hop.

Live From Daryl's House is mandatory viewing. Hall still has great pipes, and his house band is legit. Lots of interesting guests on that show.

Here's one that will blow your mind from his solo album he did with Robert Fripp...

She's Gone and pretty much all of Abandoned Luncheonette is fantastic.

Back