• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Holiday movie

url

Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
When Harry met Sally
A Christmas Carol

in that order for me

In random order:

Home Alone
Jingle All The Way
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Die Hard
It's a Wonderful Life
Charlie Brown Christmas

Top 5:

Love Actually
Scrooged
Die Hard
Christmas Vacation
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (um, it's weird lumping this in with Christmas movies)

I forgot how awesome Scrooged was until AMC (or whoever it was) started the 3 plays in 3 nights thing this week.

Love Actually is awesome and I don't care if I have to turn in my man card for saying that.

I used to love A Christmas Story but I've seen it entirely too many times in the last few years. Fuck you TBS for playing it for 24 consecutive hours every year.

A Christmas Story - my favorite. I watch this on repeat while putting the presents out and chugging good red wine on Christmas Eve.

Also like:
Elf
Bad Santa
PT&A

TV like:
Grinch
RTRNR
Shrek the halls

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Christmas Vacation
Charlie Brown's Christmas
Joyeux Noel (WWI Christmas in the trenches truce)

Saw the thread title, immediately thought "Die Hard." Lest we forget, Die Hard 2 is also a Christmas movie. Not as good as the original, but it'll do in a pinch.

Of the more traditional stuff, my two favorites are Miracle on 34th Street and White Christmas.

I actually went to see Christmas Vacation in the theater on a date when I was in 8th grade. Probably the most quotable Christmas movie.

OH MY GOD, you're putting in a pool...

Wait, why does EatLeadCommie hate Christmas Vacation? How is that possible?

The only thing I couldn't quite understand about that flick was that all the grandparents showed up like a week and a half before Christmas. I would kill my parents/in-laws if they were at my house for that long.

A Christmas Story - my favorite. I watch this on repeat while putting the presents out and chugging good red wine on Christmas Eve.

Also like:
Elf
Bad Santa
PT&A

TV like:
Grinch
RTRNR
Shrek the halls

You shouldn't chug "good" red wine.

Back