• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best in the ACC (Attendance)

Couldn't help but get in the potshot about how many Hokie fans were there (albeit true).

Why do we still list our capacity at 31,500 when it's closer to 35,000-36,000? Are hill seats not counted or something?

Sounds like Virginia Tech buys tickets to all of Wake's games, including some they don't play in. In all seriousness, over 100% capacity in this market is great for Wake. Keep it going, Deacs!

Why do we still list our capacity at 31,500 when it's closer to 35,000-36,000? Are hill seats not counted or something?

Not sure...I think we lost seats on the Hill though due to the new scoreboard (could be wrong). I would be interested in seeing what our actual max attendance is if we sold out seats, and had a set limit for tickets sold on the Hill. I think 35k sounds about right.

Yes, Deacon Hill does not count. FWIW, WF is not the only school that takes advantage of that circumstance. Even though WF's average attendance for the 2012 season is 102.64% or 2.64% over capacity, WF is 8th in NCAA attendance/stadium capacity rankings. Oregon averages almost 10% above capacity. It's kind of a silly stat given teams can randomly ajust their stadium capacity at the outset of each season.

Back