• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Kids Sports Movie (Important)

Which is the best?

• The Mighty Ducks

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • The Sandlot

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Rookie of the Year

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Little Giants

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sandlot overrated, Ducks underrated.

Little known fact - Lobo was the offensive coordinator for the Little Giants in the 1st half of their game against the Cowboys:

This poll really underscores just how fucking atrocious the sports movies for kids were/are.

While I love RoTY (and Little Big League, for that matter) and think Little Giants is fine, this can only be between the Mighty Ducks and the Sandlot. One point to the Mighty Ducks is the legit ass Junior Olympics sequel. Fuck Iceland forever.

The Sandlot is good, and Little Giants has its place, but the correct answer is clearly The Mighty Ducks.

I'll also give props to 'Kicking & Screaming'.

No love for Little Big League? Kirby Puckett FTW

But, yea, The Sandlot for sure, and it's not even close.

The "One Time" speech in Little Giants is the best scene from any of the movies.

Big Green is an underrated one. Angels in the Outfield is dope too.

When I was a kid my favorite sports movie was Major League. My parents really didn't care what I put up on the counter at Blockbuster.

When I was a kid my favorite sports movie was Major League. My parents really didn't care what I put up on the counter at Blockbuster.

Hell yes. I actually saw it in the theater, I was prob 8 or 9. I used to watch it every saturday morning.

Bad News Bears is a close second to

ladybugs.jpg

Back