• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best NC Beach?

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I am looking to do something new next year instead of the SC coast (went to Fripp this year). Where is good to go in NC that is quiet, but not so quiet & peaceful that the nearest grocery store is like 30 minutes away? Fripp was good, but man you are just so far away from everything (which is good to a point). Folly was the mainstay for us but its about ridiculous as the price keeps going up 10-15% every year.

Im partial to bald head. There is a grocery on the island but there isn't much entertainment on the island if you always need something to do.

I'm partial to Emerald Isle, but admittedly haven't done a lot of comparison shopping. Fairly quiet beach with mostly beach houses (not condos, hotels, etc). Two grocery stores (one on either end of the island). Restaurants both on the island and just off either end. A couple of mini golf and go-kart options nearby.

Carolina beach is kinda rednecky. It just depends on what you want.

If I was single or just wife no kids, I would probably say wrightsville.

Ocean Isle or Sunset are great family beaches.

haha wrightsville is the one where all the uncw students go too right?

Brews, right now you are in Myrtle Beach with DG3. I doubt that either of you could find the ocean right now.

Another vote for topsail (South topsail specifically).

Despite growing up close to the beaches on the south part of the state, I never went to Bald Head until a few months ago. This is now my favorite NC beach.

Back