• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best new fan experience for the season

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
The red shirt guy who comes on the field for media timeouts now holds a giant clock that counts down how long the commercial break is. Love it.

The red shirt guy who comes on the field for media timeouts now holds a giant clock that counts down how long the commercial break is. Love it.

Yeah I liked that, at least we know exactly when play will restart now

He sucked. 4 minute timeouts with each change of possession kills all momentum and is a bore.

He still sucked. He could mix up a bit and do a 120 second break. But nooooo, every effing one was for 240 secs give or take.

the ads were awful without exception and the commercial breaks way too long

I can't believe such ads actually get people to buy the products being promoted

the ads were awful without exception and the commercial breaks way too long

I can't believe such ads actually get people to buy the products being promoted

Get used to it. It’s a new network with a very small audience. Hard to get a bunch of advertisers to jump on right away.

Also this thread is about the experience for the fans at the game who can now quickly see at a glance when the timeout is over and when play will resume.

WSSU Red Sea of Song

Yes to Sea of Song and the I'm a Fan towels were useful. Disappointing on close to sell out opener with a new metal detector wand policy, only half of the Baseball field gates were staffed.

Make that

Red Sea of Sound

And hats off to them. Really enjoyed their performance on.the field and during the timeouts.

Make that

Red Sea of Sound

And hats off to them. Really enjoyed their performance on.the field and during the timeouts.

Great, full sound but zero of the high-stepping and showmanship that is typical of an HBCU marching band. That may have been due to it being early in the season with minimal practice time and/or deference to SOTOGAB as the host to not try and upstage them, but again not what I was anticipating. But kudos to them for making an appearance; definitely contributed to the atmosphere and energy.

not gonna lie, if I needed oxygen, I would totally buy that make your own oxygen backpack thingy. That's much better than wheeling around an entire tank. Watching that commercial 20 times worked on me.

Great, full sound but zero of the high-stepping and showmanship that is typical of an HBCU marching band. That may have been due to it being early in the season with minimal practice time and/or deference to SOTOGAB as the host to not try and upstage them, but again not what I was anticipating. But kudos to them for making an appearance; definitely contributed to the atmosphere and energy.

Exactly what I was thinking. They sounded great though.

Back