• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best new fan experience for the season

Their announcer said at the beginning of the WSSU band's segment that it would only be 3 1/2 minutes. They were followed by the SOTOGAB, and then the two bands performed together, so the WSSU band didn't have time to do much on their own. As it was, there wasn't enough time to get the middle school football teams that were playing in a tourney the next day out onto the field. They got a few of them in a cluster in the corner, but then the players started coming out for warmups, so the middle school names were just read out by the announcer. Basically, they tried to cram a little too much into one halftime. Next time, more Red Sea of Sound, please. And it would be great if the SOTOGAB could get more brass and less woodwinds.

Last edited:
Their announcer said at the beginning of the WSSU band's segment that it would only be 3 1/2 minutes. They were followed by the SOTOGAB, and then the two bands performed together, so the WSSU band didn't have time to do much on their own. As it was, there wasn't enough time to get the middle school football teams that were playing in a tourney the next day out onto the field. They got a few of them in a cluster in the corner, but then the players started coming out for warmups, so the middle school names were just read out by the announcer. Basically, they tried to cram a little too much into one halftime. Next time, more Red Sea of Sound, please. And it would be great if the SOTOGAB could get more brass and less woodwinds.

this x10000. The size of the bands seemed relatively the same (WSSU maybe 10% bigger) but the volume difference was enormous.

Also helps that they played recent songs rather than still playing Green Day from 2002.

Trumpet player here- although a small band back in the mid '80's as well, we had a young director and a good brass section in line with a drum and bugle corps sound.

Sounds like Wake needs to hire a "Dean of liaison between admissions and marching band". We still dont have enough administration bloat. We need more deans without real jobs.

Last edited:
Anyone else hate the silly old dude hipster DJ that seems to have about 3 remixes of Zombie Nation and nothing else?

I'd heard enough zombie in my 4 years as a student but think he played it more times than that by halftime.

Anyone else hate the silly old dude hipster DJ that seems to have about 3 remixes of Zombie Nation and nothing else?

I'd heard enough zombie in my 4 years as a student but think he played it more times than that by halftime.

Guy needs to go to any minor league hockey game to hear how you can throw in 30 second snippets of songs that get the crowd pumped up; good mix of the standard stadium rock stuff and off-the-wall, "I haven't heard that in forever/that was my JAM back in the day!"- type fare.

this x10000. The size of the bands seemed relatively the same (WSSU maybe 10% bigger) but the volume difference was enormous.

Also helps that they played recent songs rather than still playing Green Day from 2002.

I guess SOTOGAB is better than the Rice band, which has violins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Is the DJ a new thing this year? I don't remember him last year. (I don't like him.)

Last edited:
TANGIBLE SIGN WF understands ingredients of a real football program with sizable fan support: Lots open before noon.

AND Wake gets the word out so interested fans actually know and can plan accordingly.

Last edited:
TANGIBLE SIGN WF understands ingredients of a real football program with sizable fan support: Lots open before noon.

AND Wake gets the word out so interested fans actually know and can plan accordingly.

Pro Tip: the lots open whenever you want to get there.

If true, WF should publish it clearly for fans. Blue and Orange opened at 3 and 4 last home game, not Whenever.

Well the lots that have employees parking in them on weekdays don’t open whenever. Other than that they’re always open. They have like three entrances a piece. If you’re in the Joel lot you can always go park.

Speak to the admissions department for not letting SOTOGAB use their data.

I'm pretty sure they have some access. My son played drums and guitar in high school and got numerous emails about joining the band(he didn't). My older son had no musical experience and never heard from the music dept.

BTW, all the emails were pretty snooty and made it sound like it was really hard to get in. They "would give you the opportunity to audition" and recommended a certain number of years experience, etc. instead of taking all comers. So I'm not surprised the band is shrinking.

Last edited:

Pro Tip: the lots open whenever you want to get there.

If true, WF should publish it clearly for fans. Blue and Orange opened at 3 and 4 last home game, not Whenever.

Well the lots that have employees parking in them on weekdays don’t open whenever. Other than that they’re always open. They have like three entrances a piece. If you’re in the Joel lot you can always go park.

It's widely known for the early comers that the lot opening times are when the parking staff will start manning the entrances. We've never had anything said to us, and we routinely arrive 6-8 hours before kickoff.

It's widely known for the early comers that the lot opening times are when the parking staff will start manning the entrances. We've never had anything said to us, and we routinely arrive 6-8 hours before kickoff.

There are still many people that do not cross through opened barriers unless they know they have permission. WF should publish earlier times if lot pass holders are actually permitted earlier.

There are still many people that do not cross through opened barriers unless they know they have permission. WF should publish earlier times if lot pass holders are actually permitted earlier.

I guess the point is they don't want people in the lots 6 hours before the game getting liquored up but are not stopping them from doing so.

Back