• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best NY style pizza in Charlotte?

luisa's is easily the best pizza in charlotte. not really NY style. but by far the best pizza.

I prefer Revolution Pizza & Ale House. Like most places in the South, Charlotte is a pizza wasteland.

Luisa's has soggy crust.

Hawthorne's NY Pizza has the most NY-centric name. Pretty average pizza.

There's a place called Tony's over in Matthews at the Galleria that's one of my favorites and NY style, but that's probably 20 mins or so outside of the city, depending on stuff. I normally go to Fuel in my neighborhood for convenience.

Last edited:
Tony's Pizza is a good call, but I prefer Portofino's.

I've eaten more pizza than anyone on this board and I'm not sure I know the differences between NY style and Chicago Style :couch:

cmon man, there's a huge difference between chicago and ny style

and more toppings. I just think of NY style pizza as "pizza" as that's the standard. If I go to a place called Joe's pizza, that's why I would expect.

a chicago pizza is basically like a casserole

Have you tried Fresh Brothers out here yet? There's one next to bay cities, its pretty damn tasty

having been to both chi town and nyc there is a huge difference between the two.. personally i like Chicago pizza more.. just case 2 pieces will fill you up and it can hold so many different ingredients.. deff a sit down meal.. like chicago is.. more slow pace.. nyc everyone is flying around on foot there.. so they need a easily portable pizza.. thin crust is the way to go.. both choices are good though

Why are you guys engaging the only man in the history of the universe who went to Vegas and never got laid. And he was there for YEARS. Mask would get laid in Vegas. The homeless man with just one remaining desperate eye whose face was eaten by the guy not on bath salts would get laid. Yet, somehow. Someway...

Speaking of fatties and fuel, Sean may used to be in there everyday

I used to see Sean May in that place at least once a weekend. I'd walk by the window and his fat ass would always be in there. Either there or at Buckhead.

As to the question, gotta go with Hawthorne's in Elizabeth.

Back