• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Part of Thanksgiving Dinner

What makes you happiest?

• Turkey

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Gravy

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Stuffing

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • Mashed Taters

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Sweet potato casserole

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • Rolls

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cranberry sauce

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Pies (dessert)

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Green bean casserole

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Mac n cheese

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best part is definitely not the process of picking the pieces of turkey off the carcass for leftovers! Messiest job of the year!

I change my vote to the Thanksgiving Leftovers Meal. Same thing as Thanksgiving, but without a whole day of prep! Just nommed a whole plate of turkey/stuffing/green beans/cranberry relish and it was awesome.

I change my vote to the Thanksgiving Leftovers Meal. Same thing as Thanksgiving, but without a whole day of prep! Just nommed a whole plate of turkey/stuffing/green beans/cranberry relish and it was awesome.

Had an awesome turkey/ham/dressing/gravy/cranberry sauce on toasted bread sandwich today. Quite tasty.

Today is ribs in the smoker for dinner. We brined a turkey and smoked it Thursday, smoked salmon and grilled steaks yesterday, and are having ribs today. I love this weekend.

I have to figure a way to take over turkey duty from my mom so I can either fry or smoke it. Standard oven roasted turkey is just not that good. Maybe next year I can get her to try a "heirloom" turkey instead of the bland butterball.

I have to figure a way to take over turkey duty from my mom so I can either fry or smoke it. Standard oven roasted turkey is just not that good. Maybe next year I can get her to try a "heirloom" turkey instead of the bland butterball.

It can be - try to get her to brine the turkey for a day or so. There are lots of roast turkey recipes that turn out really well (and still moist).

google "alton brown turkey"

follow the recipe exactly

perfection every time

Back