• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pro Basketball Game you ever attended

earlier this year, came back from 17 down against dallas with 4:26 left in the game. The moment resulted in me jumping up in the air with jubilation as a result of a JJ Redick 3.

2001 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals; Game 2. Sixers vs. Raptors. Allen Iverson vs. Vince Carter.... Iverson goes off for 54. He was absolutely unstoppable. 3 games later, he poured in 53. He was ridiculous that year.

Saw Jordan score 49 in three quarters against the Bullets. Phil wouldn't play him in the fourth, which kinda pissed me off, but it was incredible.

Come on guys, open your throats, share your stories.

philly forgot to share his choice, but since we all know the answer I will offer him a helping hand:

Game 3 of the 2008 Western Conference Semifinals in San Antonio

CP3 put up 35 and 9 and Parker put up 31 and 11.

Manu had 31 and Tim had 16 and 13 as the spurs pulled away in the second half.

I also went to game 7 of that series in New Orleans but I remember Game 3 as being a better game.

No question, game 1 of 2012 WCF, Thunder @ Spurs.

Spurs didn't play very well, but just an electric atmosphere.

Wow a lot of San Antonians on this thread.

Best game I probably went to was this one where Tony Parker hit the game winner.

Also went to game 2 of the 2003 NBA finals. Pretty good game but the Spurs lost.

Portland Trailblazers 1977 - year they won the NBA Champoinship. I don't even recall who they played (I was 10), but that was awesome. 1979 Boston Celtics (year before Larry) v. 76ers in Boston Garden. Celtics sucked, but they won. And it was the (old) Garden.

Last edited:
2011 NBA Finals, Game 5 in Dallas. JET put the exclamation mark on the game with a deep dagger 3 ball over LeBron. We had to have that game.

Not the best game, but the most amazing finish to an NBA game that I attended:

In the mid-1980s, the Bullets were down 5 to the Pistons with 5 seconds left. Ricky Sobers, a journeyman NBA guard, hit a 3 pointer to cut the lead to 2. Detroit inbounded the ball and the Bullets immediately fouled. The Piston missed both FTs, and the Bullets rebounded and heaved the ball down-court. Sobers caught the pass while falling out of bounds and launched a 3 from way behind the 3-point-line. Swish. Bullets win by 1. 6 points in 5 seconds.

On the flip side, a couple of years ago, the Wizards were up 3 in the final seconds against Toronto. While scrambling to get off a shot, a Raptors pass was intercepted by a Wizard player who threw the ball in the air thinking that the clock would run out; the Wizard failed to throw it as high or far as he planned to; a Toronto player snagged the ball and chucked in this shot to force overtime (and the Raptors won), leading to this famous call by the Wizards' TV announcer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY95p_ELquI

Jordan's 55 against the Knicks in MSG like a week after he came back to the NBA after playing baseball. It was a great game as well, I think the Bulls won by 2 or so.

Seattle Sonics home playoff game in 1991 or 1992 against the Golden State Warriors. My memory is it was the game that Shawn Kemp just threw down on Chris Gatling and "made it rain" but not sure. I just remember jumping up and down on a Shawn Kemp throw down.

Place went bonkers.

Back