• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Social Sports League

What say ye?

• Total voters
You get a group of friends together and go out drinking after the games. To me, softball isn't so easy that you can do it smashed (at least ppl usually take it too seriously) and the social benefit is a beer or two during the game and going out afterwards. If I'm gonna do that, id rather play something actually fun like basketball and crush it afterwards with my boys. This is just my opinion though. I'm sure some ppl can and do play softball while boozing heavily.

how can you call basketball a social sport?

The best players in the world pick where they play in the same way that high schoolers pick lunch tables, so I would call it a very social sport.

Ill tell you whats not a social sport though: Hopscotch.

You get a group of friends together and go out drinking after the games. To me, softball isn't so easy that you can do it smashed (at least ppl usually take it too seriously) and the social benefit is a beer or two during the game and going out afterwards. If I'm gonna do that, id rather play something actually fun like basketball and crush it afterwards with my boys. This is just my opinion though. I'm sure some ppl can and do play softball while boozing heavily.

I was thinking you were talking about coed not just a group of guys.

I have kickball tonight. It is pretty fucking fun. You can just get hammered and kick it at unathletic girls.

My box score from the first game was 3-4, 2 RBI's, 3 natural light tall boys downed and one controversial walk off double.

i said cornhole, that's kind of my speed right now. kickball was a close second in my mind.

Softball with alcohol = put a keg at first and third. If you reach those bases, you have to chug a beer. Also, plenty of beer in dugout. Smoking in outfield and pitchers mound is optional.

Softball with alcohol = put a keg at first and third. If you reach those bases, you have to chug a beer. Also, plenty of beer in dugout. Smoking in outfield and pitchers mound is optional.

We would have a keg on 2nd. You weren't allowed to go past 2nd until you did a kegstand.

We would have a keg on 2nd. You weren't allowed to go past 2nd until you did a kegstand.

I almost seriously injured someone in a game like this.

They were stupidly running and I threw to second to try to get them out, forgetting there were like half a dozen people gathered around second base. Very lucky not to concuss someone.

I almost seriously injured someone in a game like this.

They were stupidly running and I threw to second to try to get them out, forgetting there were like half a dozen people gathered around second base. Very lucky not to concuss someone.

Similar experience in Winner Take All Mega Duck Duck Goose. It was my turn, so I got up to full speed running around the circle patting heads when I goosed this girl who had a few too many hand grenades. She had barely gotten up when I was already back around the circle, crashed into her at like 98 mph and knocked her unconscious. Really sucked cause I had to still be goose since she was incapacitated.

After that, we posted a sign outside the game zone that said "Warriors Only. Come to win or stay home.", so people would know that Winner Take All Mega Duck Duck Goose isn't just about the boozing.

Back