• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best treadmills for running?

inspectah

Reaction score
Between a crazy work schedule and family responsibilities I just cannot get to the gym anymore and we are thinking of getting a setup at home.

Would appreciate suggestions on which treadmills are best. My wife runs marathons but will use the treadmill only occasionally because she hates running indoors. I run 18-20 miles a week just to maintain fitness. So we need something pretty sturdy.

I skimmed a couple of the fitness threads but didn't see anything helpful. Thanks.

You ask specifically what treadmills are best and are seeking something sturdy. With those two criteria in mind (and nothing else) I would recommend a Woodway treadmill. I am certain they are very expensive (and very heavy) but they are generally the only treadmill I will run on (except an occasional hotel treadmill if I'm really in a pinch). The main difference is that instead of a belt like a typical treadmill the running surface on a Woodway is a rubber track system (think of a tank track). I have no idea how much they cost but I know they are way out of my budget. My gym has 6 Woodways and probably 10 conventional treadmills, if I'm running indoors and the woodways are in use I wait, regardless of the availability of other treadmills.

Edited to add: Here is a Runner's Word review of a Woodway (costs even more than I would have guessed): http://www.runnersworld.com/treadmills/woodway-4front
and here is a link to RW 2017 treadmill reviews: http://www.runnersworld.com/treadmills/the-best-new-treadmills-for-runners

I would not recommend the Woodway Curve or any other non-motorized "treadmill"

Last edited:
^ I was going to post woodway too. It is lights years better than a traditional treadmill. No wear and tear at all...

this is my personal choice

1-2012-6-728.jpg

Treadmills for running? What else would you use them for?

Back