• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better game analyst - Battier or UVA annoucer from Sat?

Deac83

Reaction score
Usually, the female announcers grate on me but I thought the woman (sorry didn't capture her name but I guess she is a former NC State player) that did our game at UVA did a very good job.

Battier is not so easy to listen to.

Nice discussion on his 'non' flopping during his 4 years at dook.

Debbie Antonelli gave one of the more insightful color analyst performances I've seen in awhile.

Battier is just stumping for votes for his upcoming Presidential campaign.
I groaned when Antonelli was introduced on Sat but I thought she was terrific.

I was very impressed with her work. I cyberstalked her a bit to figure out who she was based on the pbp guy calling her "Deb" and that she worked for Raycom. She's legit.

She's been around for awhile, although I'm not sure how long she's been doing men's games.

I was pleasantly surprised with her insight and commentary.

The answer is Mike Patrick is turrible, and Antonelli > Battier >>>>> Vitale

Dixon's a really good coach but man does he look like the biggest tool

Dixon's a really good coach but man does he look like the biggest tool

Jamie is a member of the Screen Actors Guild. He starred in various commercials as a child and into his early twenties, including ads for Volvo, Rice Krispies, Mattel and Bud Light.

Looked him up on Wiki. I guess I'm the last person on the planet to know this fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Dixon

She was great. Best color work I've heard this season for our games. Hope we draw her again.

Good to see Battier on ESPN. The one thing ESPN really needed was another dukie college basketball analyst.

Happy to have a friend with 4 wheel drive and not having to have listened to Patrick and Battier. Which isn't as bad as Patrick and Dukie V, but pretty awful nonetheless. Actually, the worst is Musberger and Dukie V.

Back