• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bible discussion thread

Correct- I'd be worthless in conversations in either Greece or Israel today. They're both dead languages, so I really don't know anything about "speaking" those languages (though I did take Attic Greek composition at Wake). I took 4 semesters of Attic Greek at Wake, 1 semester of 1-on-1 independent study of Hebrew at Wake, and then 1 semester of Hebrew in the Div School at Wake (while I was an undergrad), then took several reading classes in seminary for both Greek and Hebrew (maybe 2 of each), in addition to doing a thesis in Biblical studies that involved translation of key texts on discernment (discernment was my topic). Certainly have developed some rust since I graduated from seminary in 2009, but I try to keep it up by translating the passages whenever I preach.

My (biblical) Hebrew prof at Wake used to say "IMPORTANT PHRASE: of course, you won't be able to use it to pick up chicks in tel-aviv, so maybe not so important."

oh and wakephan is a professor/phd student in medieval literature/studies and i work in publishing

Back