• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big 10 AD on Maryland/Rutgers: We ran out of options

Shocker that MD and Rutgers are nowhere near the crown jewels their delusional fans imagine them to be. Funny how he mentions other ACC schools they preferred that wouldn't join. MD and Rutgers, the least worst they could get.

Last edited:
“This is so different from what we thought we were looking at. But I like our strategy. There were some other ACC schools that showed interest, but that didn’t work out.”

UNC???

Rutgers and Maryland will join the Big Ten next year, and Guenther was deeply engaged in that unexpected development.

“We ran out of options,” he said. “That was not what we started to do.

Did he just call Maryland the fugly girl at the bar at last call?

Rutgers and Maryland will join the Big Ten next year, and Guenther was deeply engaged in that unexpected development.

“We ran out of options,” he said. “That was not what we started to do.

Did he just call Maryland the fugly girl at the bar at last call?

That's the analogy I was thinking of. Doesn't matter. Got laid.

“This is so different from what we thought we were looking at. But I like our strategy. There were some other ACC schools that showed interest, but that didn’t work out.”

UNC???

UNC remains the one school that could kill the ACC. I can't imagine them leaving, but if they do...

Why go to the Big 10 when you will be a far outlier in a midwest conference? Playing local rivalries is what makes sport great.

Matters not, was compensated.

Back