• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Papi shot in DR-stable condition

I can buy it even though it seems silly due to his fame and frame, but these guys weren't John Wick, and were probably pretty nervous/amateurish. Also wouldn't be surprised if they had self-medicated to gain a little extra motivation. So yeah, maybe poorly lit outdoors nightclub area, Ortiz sitting down reduces the size discrepancy a bit, and it was from the back. Makes it a little more believable to me.

"He is accused of ordering the killing of his cousin, Sixto David Fernández. Authorities say hit men confused Ortiz with Fernández during the June 9 shooting at a bar in the capital of Santo Domingo. The two men are friends and were sharing a table."

More on the shooter from Boston.com now that they've arrested the "mastermind" behind the alleged botched assassination. Still seems unlikely to me even a drunk / drugged up Dominican guy wouldn't recognize David Ortiz. He's supposedly a legend in the country and I have a few Dominican friends who have assured me that everyone in the country knows who David is and would at least be able to tell what he looks like.

Back