• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Ten/Big East Challenge

No, but in complete fairness, it's likely that to the rest of the country the ACC's new additions have been just as hard to follow.

After Louisville's entrance this upcoming season, maybe it will settle down until that time that ND becomes an all sports member!:thumbsup:

I like the Big East as a conference because there's no football-basketball conflicts anymore. It is a pure basketball league. I think it's a great move for those schools to break away from a conference chasing football mediocrity.

I like the Big East as a conference because there's no football-basketball conflicts anymore. It is a pure basketball league. I think it's a great move for those schools to break away from a conference chasing football mediocrity.

There are legitimate questions about the quality of the Big East basketball programs in future years.

Butler has nose-dived since Stevens left. Would think that Creighton will take a similar path with McDermott gone. DePaul, Seton Hall and St. John's have not been relevant for awhile. G'town, Xavier and Marquette appear to be trending down. The American Conference with NC UCONN and the Atlantic 10 arguably have better future prospects than the Big East. Would not be surprised if MSG looks hard at getting the Big 10 or the ACC rather than the BE for future tourneys. I would not be shocked if in 10 years the Big East is closer to a mid-major than a high-major conference.

There are legitimate questions about the quality of the Big East basketball programs in future years.

Butler has nose-dived since Stevens left. Would think that Creighton will take a similar path with McDermott gone. DePaul, Seton Hall and St. John's have not been relevant for awhile. G'town, Xavier and Marquette appear to be trending down. The American Conference with NC UCONN and the Atlantic 10 arguably have better future prospects than the Big East. Would not be surprised if MSG looks hard at getting the Big 10 or the ACC rather than the BE for future tourneys. I would not be shocked if in 10 years the Big East is closer to a mid-major than a high-major conference.

Good post.

Back