• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

I’m using my new tax crumbs to troll Palma. Haven’t decided yet what that will be, maybe hire a guy at first to follow him around playing circus music. Republican dreams already coming true as I stimulate the economy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/how-senate-tax-bill-passed/index.html

Leadership also won over Sen. Susan Collins of Maine -- a senator who helped kill the GOP's Obamacare repeal efforts and who many considered out of reach on the tax bill. But several aides say Collins, unlike health care, made clear to McConnell she wanted to get to "yes" on the tax legislation. The two had several private meetings. She made her concerns known -- and the specific things she would need to come along, including the inclusion of the state and local tax deduction for property taxes, capped at $10,000, which had previously been repealed in the bill. Republican leaders, including the President at the closed-door conference meeting, solidified her support by giving her assurances that they'd push for an Obamacare market stabilization bill in upcoming weeks.

Good luck with that assurance...

Ok, I see. Hillsdale is the only institution in the country with a big enough endowment (and desire) to refuse federal aid -- which they purportedly do so they don't have to comply with non-discrimination policies.

A "conservative liberal arts school" seems a contradiction of terms. Though the liberal arts are fundamentally conservative by definition.

Lol. Good joke. Though in all seriousness, I have a feeling their tuition is ridiculously expensive. And I doubt they have graduate programs in science.

Sure they do...Masters of Science in Creationism - Masters of Science in the Hoax of Climate Change

Guys.....look at what this type of reform did to Kansas? They have really turned it around bc trickle down economics worked .....:wtftard:

The Senate Bill is much better than the House Bill. The biggest complaint is removing the mandate and the impact that will have on Obamacare.

Why is McConnell just saying this bill is a deficit reducer? Oh right, because facts don’t matter at all and Hillary’s emails.

There's no room for bipartisanship when one party is so far gone.

Oh look, the reasonable moderate doesn't think the Republican cash grab tax bill is very bad. I mean, it could have been worse, right? Hey, that sounds pretty good, "it could have been worse" lets slap that shit on a Democratic bumper sticker and see if it drives the vote!

c179ae6338d3c25dbca31dba61eee3c9.jpg

Dumbfucks, you pull the “lower taxes” lever in recessions, not in prosperity. A nation of Palmas is not a good thing

Yea.....no. The Pubs have become willingly oblivious to reality.

The answer to [almost] every problem and at all times is lower taxes and less regulation. Doesn’t matter ‘bout what’s happening in the real world. It’s a religion.

Last edited:
Dumbfucks, you pull the “lower taxes” lever in recessions, not in prosperity. A nation of Palmas is not a good thing

Well that's how they're going to get us to a recession so they can push to keep the tax cuts and cut spending.

Back