• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

Bureaucracy is unavoidable if you’re going to do anything big and cooperatively.

Sure, try to make it as efficient and effective as possible. There will always be a struggle to get it right. But that’s not a rational reason to avoid trying.

exactly. The throwing up of the hands and saying its too hard and expensive is page one on the small-government-lower-my-taxes-cut-services playbook

You know what isn't hard or expensive? Rewriting tax policy in a few weeks.

Why is it worse to have one big federal government bureaucracy for health care than hundreds of thousands of public and private bureaucracies for health care?

If I was a business owner, I'd much rather my employees just deal with it on their own than have to devote time and resources to providing it.

You know what isn't hard or expensive? Rewriting tax policy in a few weeks.

Why is it worse to have one big federal government bureaucracy for health care than hundreds of thousands of public and private bureaucracies for health care?

If I was a business owner, I'd much rather my employees just deal with it on their own than have to devote time and resources to providing it.

yep

why is pointing out problems and difficulties a ... well ... problem?

it seems to me that people should welcome going into situations with their eyes wide open

why does the left constantly insist on ignoring the difficulties and problems connected with large bureaucratized solutions? no wonder they work so poorly, y'all insist on ignoring the problems

?

Who is claiming any significant common endeavor is without difficulty?

Answer: nobody.

Sailor is really stupid. Embarrassingly so. He is a few steps away from slurping applesauce in the convalescent home.

why is pointing out problems and difficulties a ... well ... problem?

it seems to me that people should welcome going into situations with their eyes wide open

why does the left constantly insist on ignoring the difficulties and problems connected with large bureaucratized solutions? no wonder they work so poorly, y'all insist on ignoring the problems

Looking at the evidence, a universal health care system, which can be in many forms, will deliver healthcare more efficiently than our current system. The people who support will defend the status quo until the end of time in this regard.

Looking at the evidence, a universal health care system, which can be in many forms, will deliver healthcare more efficiently than our current system. The people who support will defend the status quo until the end of time in this regard.

I’m ok with universal

This system sucks and the pubs obviously have no solution

I believe trump would eventually sign off on universal

You really are naïve for a lawyer. The next step out of the republican playbook is going to be to cut social safety net programs

slow week on the tax reform front. Surprised nothing got pushed through. I guess debt limit derailed it for a week.

slow week on the tax reform front. Surprised nothing got pushed through. I guess debt limit derailed it for a week.
They can't f*** around with mistake ridden bills now since whatever they pass will go into law

Yep. The GOP did nothing but pass bills to troll Obama for 8 years. Now their bills actually matter and they don't know how to handle it.

Back