• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboards =free speech?

How did the billboard reveal her medical information? It did not list her name or identify her as his girlfriend. It said "this would have been a picture of my 2 month old baby if the mother had not decided to kill our child." A reader has no way of knowing if he was referring to his ex or some other woman he had a fling with, etc. Since he didn't identify her name or a specific status that could only refer to her, then it does not identify her or infringe on her privacy (in my non-law school trained mind).

This is one of the more interesting threads that has appeared here in the short life of this board.

How did the billboard reveal her medical information? It did not list her name or identify her as his girlfriend. It said "this would have been a picture of my 2 month old baby if the mother had not decided to kill our child." A reader has no way of knowing if he was referring to his ex or some other woman he had a fling with, etc. Since he didn't identify her name or a specific status that could only refer to her, then it does not identify her or infringe on her privacy (in my non-law school trained mind).

Was this billboard a statement or a picture?

Lol. I didn't even read the article, just did a google images search. I just went back and looked at it and was like "wtf?"

Seriously, what editor puts negro in an article in 2011?

I thought the dude was white. At least, the picture of the billboard that rj's linked article has shows a white guy.

Its even better than posting nude pictures of her on the internets. Well done.

That website is one of the ones that just takes real stories and puts it in an engine to spit out synonyms. It's always hysterical because the machine doesn't actually work.

Back