• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Graham RIP

Who else has spread the gospel to as many people? I’m genuinely interested to know if I left people off the list, or if perhaps I’m missing something. Not trying to be argumentative I promise.

You are talking about a huge stretch of history and the spread of the Christian church throughout the entire world.

But the squint was really in response to the suggestion that evangelism is a service to the state.

Who else has spread the gospel to as many people? I’m genuinely interested to know if I left people off the list, or if perhaps I’m missing something. Not trying to be argumentative I promise.

Constantine ?

Constantine is a good suggestion. Not sure of his motivation but definitely up there. The more I think about it, BG must be in the top 10.

You are talking about a huge stretch of history and the spread of the Christian church throughout the entire world.

But the squint was really in response to the suggestion that evangelism is a service to the state.

Its definitely not. I have nothing against the man, but he shouldn't be laid to rest in the U.S. Capitol.

http://charlottenc.gov/billygraham/Pages/default.aspx

BillyGraham_Motorcade_Charlotte.png

the only non-politicians, justices and soldiers were:

Rosa Parks and two Capitol Police officers KIA

but yeah, billy graham deserves a spot, sure.

We just happened to be driving west on I40 yesterday. As we got close to the mountains, we noticed lots of folks setting up by the highway and on overpasses. We stopped at the McDowell County rest stop and someone asked me if I knew why all the overpasses were filled with people. I said sometimes that's for a funeral procession coming along the interstate for like a first responder or something.

My wife talked to someone who said it was the Billy Graham procession--moving from Montreat/The Cove to Charlotte.

Sure enough, as we moved west, coming east towards us there was suddenly about a dozen police motorcycles with blue lights flashing followed by about 6-8 big Cadillac SUVs and a bunch of other cars speeding by on our left. I noticed that many of the supporters by the highway and on the overpasses were waving big American flags.

And I thought...I don't think Billy Graham would approve of this. He was not an 'merica first kind of Christian. Nor was he someone who tooted his own horn, so to speak.

Franklin is another story altogether.

We just happened to be driving west on I40 yesterday. As we got close to the mountains, we noticed lots of folks setting up by the highway and on overpasses. We stopped at the McDowell County rest stop and someone asked me if I knew why all the overpasses were filled with people. I said sometimes that's for a funeral procession coming along the interstate for like a first responder or something.

My wife talked to someone who said it was the Billy Graham procession--moving from Montreat/The Cove to Charlotte.

Sure enough, as we moved west, coming east towards us there was suddenly about a dozen police motorcycles with blue lights flashing followed by about 6-8 big Cadillac SUVs and a bunch of other cars speeding by on our left. I noticed that many of the supporters by the highway and on the overpasses were waving big American flags.

And I thought...I don't think Billy Graham would approve of this. He was not an 'merica first kind of Christian. Nor was he someone who tooted his own horn, so to speak.

Franklin is another story altogether.

I’m not sure how humble you can be to hold self titled crusades in NFL stadiums. I completely agree that Franklin is far more self-interested.

Expect Billy Graham statue to replace Charles Aycock stature in the Capitol Rotunda.

Good. Aycock was a pretty terrible person.

I wonder if GSO will change the name of Aycock Street. UNCG did away with the auditorium name, and there's precedent for changing road names with the rebranding of Lee Street.

pretty sure billy's in hell because i have been praying and praying and praying to him with no answer

Back