• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biltmore House at Christmas?

ddeacs98

Reaction score
Anyone been? What are other things to do or see in Asheville in December? Any recommendations for restaurants?

The house is gorgeous at Christmas, but make sure you order your tickets ahead of time. Due to the crowds they have entry times, so if you dont rsvp them ahead of time, it could be hours before you can get in.

I like Cedrics on the property, but honestly just about all of their food is really good on the premises.

We've been a couple of times. I think it's worth a tour.

Best place I've been to in recent years is Curate.

I'm pretty sure you can find multiple Asheville threads if you use the search function. But the house is pretty much the same as it always is, just decorated for Christmas. It didn't do much for me since I've been a few times. And it's generally cold as shit.

Slightly off the beaten path, and more casual/less expensive, is Nine Mile. We ate there as it was close to our B&B, and thought it was very good.

Been quite a few times over the years, including Christmas. It's what you'd expect. Honestly, the best trip I had to Biltmore was when they were offering a behind-the-scenes tour as well as the chance to tour the rooftop and upper, usually-off-limit rooms. Don't know if they still offer those but it was great.

Been quite a few times over the years, including Christmas. It's what you'd expect. Honestly, the best trip I had to Biltmore was when they were offering a behind-the-scenes tour as well as the chance to tour the rooftop and upper, usually-off-limit rooms. Don't know if they still offer those but it was great.

They do, but for an additional fee. I agree though, after you've toured the home the behind the scenes tours are the way to go.

They do, but for an additional fee. I agree though, after you've toured the home the behind the scenes tours are the way to go.

Maybe I'll suggest that if anyone ever forces me to go again. I went to a conference at Inn on Biltmore Estate last year. Not a bad place to stay as you can walk to the winery, etc. Still, I'd rather hang out downtown than at the Biltmore.

We did one a month or so ago that took us on the roof. They called it the architects tour. I personally really enjoyed it (I've done the regular tour before).

Salsas for lunch.

Salsas is sooooo good. Tons of food too.

The candlelight tour is enjoyable and with it comes a free day tour. Normally there is a musical performance of some sort at the mansion. Very enjoyable...the first time! My wife and I have been several times...probably won't go again for several years.

Back