• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

Yeah. As were the usual pro-Wake crowd sounds during the game. I was impressed. I wish there were more crowd shots.

Seems like they deliberately avoided any large stadium shots, just close ups of fans. I don’t think we ever got any scale for the Wake fans, but you could for the Memphis fans since the cameras faced that way for tv.

Seems like they deliberately avoided any large stadium shots, just close ups of fans. I don’t think we ever got any scale for the Wake fans, but you could for the Memphis fans since the cameras faced that way for tv.

Timdunks photos from the crowd suggests this was a wise producer decision

Isn't that 2 years in a row? I seem to recall some group ranking last year's bowl game vs A&M as #1 as well.

Last edited:
“...they’re the friend who walks into the party and everybody is happy to see them.” Cool.

Invite Wake Forest to a bowl game if you want to have a good time.

We're getting great press.
Thinking the higher tier bowls will be after us next year, assuming we have a decent record, which I am assume will.

I think you are correct decking. I'm thinking 9/10'wins. We on our way to the big time. Thank you coach clawson👏🏻🇺🇸

Attendance is still a problem. The good press needs to build a bigger fan base. Even if it’s just for the weekend of the bowl.

If Deacs upset Clemson then attendance from students MIGHT increase. Until students stick around it will be very difficult to increase overall attendance.

If Deacs upset Clemson then attendance from students MIGHT increase. Until students stick around it will be very difficult to increase overall attendance.

I mean overall attendance for our bowl games themselves. We certainly do ok with our allotment, but we don’t bring out the locals like bowls want.

Back