• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birtherism 2.0 has commenced - supported by Trump surrogates and twitter bots

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Twitter bots amplify far-right conspiracy about Kamala Harris during debate

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) dominated buzz surrounding the first Democratic presidential debate Thursday night after battling rivals on stage, but as the debate played out, a series of Twitter bots worked to amplify a far-right conspiracy about her online.

During the debate in Miami, apparent bots online amplified conspiracy theories on social media falsely claiming that the California Democrat, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, is not black and is not a U.S. citizen.

“Kamala Harris is *not* an American Black. She is half Indian and half Jamaican. I'm so sick of people robbing American Blacks (like myself) of our history. It's disgusting. Now using it for debate time at #DemDebate2? These are my people not her people. Freaking disgusting,” Ali Alexander, a Trump-world personality, tweeted.

The tweet was retweeted by Donald Trump Jr., who ultimately removed the message from his page. However, Alexander’s tweet was soon copied word for word by a network of bot accounts researcher Josh Russell had previously identified.

Social media researcher Caroline Orr noted that a number of “suspect accounts” highlighted similar claims after Harris’s debate appearance.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ht-conspiracy-that-kamala-harris-is-not-black

Well I guess we know what the next dozen moonz threads will be about.

Reactions: ONW
How are we able to ignore spam email and robo calls yet a few Russian trolls can tear down the republic?

How are we able to ignore spam email and robo calls yet a few Russian trolls can tear down the republic?

Because there are millions of morons on the internet who love Trump and talk Trump 24/7

Scared Republicans want to believe the multiracial candidate isn’t an American and Russian trolls told them so.

I’m sure that Whatamount, jhmd, Junebug, and Creamy will be around to condemn this latest racist republican fantasy any minute now.

Scared Republicans want to believe the multiracial candidate isn’t an American and Russian trolls told them so.

^This. It's precisely the reason why so many of them obsessively watch and believe everything that Fox News & Fox Business tells them. Fox caters to what they want to hear, not the way things actually are. Troll bots on facebook and elsewhere on social media do the same; they just feed into their fears, anger, and resentments. They believe it because they want to.

Well I guess we know what the next dozen moonz threads will be about.

Nah he'll post a few articles highlighting other dubious shortcomings of specific candidates he found on far right sites, then act shocked that the same author has written other articles for the same site where they champion white supremacy and nationalism. Then he'll half-heartedly apologize, continue posting articles from the same site, and claim he has a black friend.

Nah he'll post a few articles highlighting other dubious shortcomings of specific candidates he found on far right sites, then act shocked that the same author has written other articles for the same site where they champion white supremacy and nationalism. Then he'll half-heartedly apologize, continue posting articles from the same site, and claim he has a black friend.

I have little interest in the 26 dwarves or whatever the number is

And my apology wasn’t half hearted

That'd require you to show that your reputation weren't already damaged due to the constant stream of shit you spew on a regular basis. Good luck

Back