• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blacks and anayltics

I have been reading Wilbon since his early days at the Post. Don't remember his ever writing anything that was remotely interesting.

rj vs stats rears it's entertaining head yet again.

Any coach I had would have figured out that Steph's shooting from the corners was better and would be different with more ball handling duties and being in different positions to shoot. You don't need analytics for that.

It's not just "stats". Stats have been used for over half a century.

Almost there.

Two black guys who use analytics: Masai Ujuri and Chris Paul. But Draymond Green seems like a much smarter guy, so boooo analytics.

I think he write fairly well. His critical thinking skills leave much to be desired.

Using analytics over basketball guys is not a good idea. Guys with computers telling coaches who know the game what to do is rather bizarre and can't take into account heart, what kind of teammate and whether the player listens.

Using analytics over basketball guys is not a good idea. Guys with computers telling coaches who know the game what to do is rather bizarre and can't take into account heart, what kind of teammate and whether the player listens.

giphy.gif

My favorite part was when Wilbon make it seem like this was gonna be slavery all over again...

Whites running the teams and blacks being the athletes working away....

Bill Simmons thought ESPN under promoted Grantland but I didn't even know this site had launched yet and I vist espn.com probably ten times a day. Talk about setting up your own product to fail.

Bill Simmons thought ESPN under promoted Grantland but I didn't even know this site had launched yet and I vist espn.com probably ten times a day. Talk about setting up your own product to fail.

probably had something to do with Whitlock leaving. This was supposed to be his site, but he was awful at getting it launched. so ESPN decided to do away with verticals overseen by big media types and quietly launched it.

Any coach I had would have figured out that Steph's shooting from the corners was better and would be different with more ball handling duties and being in different positions to shoot. You don't need analytics for that.

You realize that they would have figured it out by doing analytics in their head, right?

"Analytics is the discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in data."

You realize that they would have figured it out by doing analytics in their head, right?

"Analytics is the discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in data."

Right but what about anayltics?

I soo want analytics to be introduced into horse racing, just to ruin RJ's favorite "sport".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I soo want analytics to be introduced into horse racing, just to ruin RJ's favorite "sport".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

They have existed there for a long time. No matter how you want to look at a race there's a formula for that. There's everything from how well jockeys work with trainers. How sires do at each length of race; each surface; first time out;first time after a layoff. What's the track bias on a specific day.

And about 100+ more. You have to pick what works for you.

The only thing interesting about this is that people think it's interesting. I'd be shocked if more than 5% of the NBA fanbase was heavily into analytics regardless of race.

Back