• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blacksburg restaurants

bullets

Reaction score
Anybody know a good restaurant to check out before the game Wednesday?

I liked Bull and Bones, it's not walking distance though FYI

And way to forget to log out of the parody account

My two favorite restaurants were Bull + Bones and Sal's (Really good Italian food). Get the Sweet Potato casserole if you go to Bull and Bones and thank me later.

Italian- The Cellar
American/Bar Food- Blacksburg Taphouse
Steak- Poor Billy's
Sushi- Greene's or Poor Billy's
Ribs/Wings- Bull and Bones
Breakfast/Vegan- Gillies
Pizza- PK's/Sal's/Cellar (PK's is the best)

Bull and Bones isn't that great except for ribs, wings, and decent BBQ. Decent bar, lots of TV's for games. Best bars at Top of the Stairs (get a Rail), Hokie House, Big Al's, and Sharkey's. The Cellar has a downstairs bar that is really chill and will get you away from the undergrads. It's where the locals like to go for drinks.

Last edited:
If anyone is in town for the game tomorrow, let me know if you want to go out for a few drinks after the game. I'll be happy to show you a few good bars.

Italian- The Cellar
American/Bar Food- Blacksburg Taphouse
Steak- Poor Billy's
Sushi- Greene's or Poor Billy's
Ribs/Wings- Bull and Bones
Breakfast/Vegan- Gillies
Pizza- PK's/Sal's/Cellar (PK's is the best)

Bull and Bones isn't that great except for ribs, wings, and decent BBQ. Decent bar, lots of TV's for games. Best bars at Top of the Stairs (get a Rail), Hokie House, Big Al's, and Sharkey's. The Cellar has a downstairs bar that is really chill and will get you away from the undergrads. It's where the locals like to go for drinks.

You know are in a redneck place when your best sushi is at an Irish named place and another that sounds like storefront BBQ. :)

My friend used to live there and he took us to this italian place that was in the middle of nowhere that was really good.

Anybody know a good restaurant to check out before the game Wednesday?

Where are you parking for the game?

Downtown is normally walking distance from Cassell, so I'd usually recommend ditching any parking pass you may have & just parking near main street anytime after 3 (you can fill the meters for 2 hours and its not enforced after 5 pm). That is typically the 'college town' experience you're looking for in a quick visit.

Tomorrow is going to be a different story. You do not want to make that walk with a 0* wind chill.

Bull and Bones is going to be your best bet. Get there before 5 and it will be wide open. If you are not getting to the game super early, look on google maps; there are ways to go on side-streets to get to cassel/lane from B&B that do not involve sitting on main st or washington rd.

Do yourself a favor and get the smoked wings, the sweet potato casserole, and have at least one pint of the 'maroon effect' and 'sun lit wit'. If you'd like to deliver a growler of either to my office in Richmond on Wednesday, that'd be great.

You know are in a redneck place when your best sushi is at an Irish named place and another that sounds like storefront BBQ. :)

It's actually just "Greens", and the owner is Lebanese. His name is George & he is an exceptional chef. I would highly recommend asking to speak with him and letting him choose/prepare your rolls.

I would avoid Poor Billy's if you're on a schedule and/or budget. If you choose Green's, you will be sitting directly under my old living room.

My two favorite restaurants were Bull + Bones and Sal's (Really good Italian food). Get the Sweet Potato casserole if you go to Bull and Bones and thank me later.

I was not opposed to taking bribes as a property manager. I had a resident bring me a frozen distributor's tray of the Sweet Potato casserole served at B&B that lasted me for the better part of a semester.

Let's just say, that person got their full deposit back. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

+1 for sals

Back