• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bleacher Report sums it all up

deaconguy08

Reaction score
Posted a couple of hours ago. Not necessarily anything we don't already know, just another outlet stating the obvious.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...he-demon-deacons-need-to-fire-jeff-[Redacted]

Hell yeah! I'd love to see the bloggosphere full of articles from guys I've never heard of titled "Wake Forest: The Demon Deacons Need to Fire Jeff [Redacted]"

And don't forget to vote in the poll in the article.

He's bringing the heat...

"Few coaches have torched a program like Jeff [Redacted] at Wake Forest.

The proud program of Chris Paul, Tim Duncan and Muggsy Bogues has become an ACC laughingstock in [Redacted]'s three seasons finishing 12th, ninth and 10th, respectively. [Redacted] has posted a record of 34-60, including 11-37 in conference play. To make matters worse, he has won only one ACC road game with the Deacs.

No, that's not a typo."

It's Bleacher Report. But people read it. So... Roll Tide.

Also, good mention of the Maryland run with no timeouts.

Agree, although I enjoyed "rewrite the ship."

I did and saw 91% to 9% in favor of firing. Obligatory Youtube style comment "9 people clicked the wrong button"

I was unaware we had a 16 year postseason run prior to Bzz. It guess that's one more factoid lost among the awful BzOut stats

I was unaware we had a 16 year postseason run prior to Bzz. It guess that's one more factoid lost among the awful BzOut stats

Except it's not true. No postseason 07-08 under Dino FML.

Last edited:
Thankfully it didnt include a slide show. I hate slide shows.

Wish he'd written it for Blogger So Dear since he writes for the site, but it's good publicity nonetheless.

It's Bleacher Report. But people read it. So... Roll Tide.

Also, good mention of the Maryland run with no timeouts.

My favorite thing about Bleacher Report is that article was probably SEO engineered to these boards.

I did and saw 91% to 9% in favor of firing. Obligatory Youtube style comment "9 people clicked the wrong button"

[Redacted] type comment: Majority people are in support of us... If it weren't for 84% of the people who picked "fire" who have never built anything successful, I'd be winning 9% to 7%. That's a 28% advantage and we're doing things the right way. Oh, and freshmen.

He's bringing the heat...

"Few coaches have torched a program like Jeff [Redacted] at Wake Forest.

The proud program of Chris Paul, Tim Duncan and Muggsy Bogues has become an ACC laughingstock in [Redacted]'s three seasons finishing 12th, ninth and 10th, respectively. [Redacted] has posted a record of 34-60, including 11-37 in conference play. To make matters worse, he has won only one ACC road game with the Deacs.

No, that's not a typo."

Poor Muggsy Bogues. He played his last three seasons under Staak. Maybe the greatest waste of talent ever in the history of Wake basketball.

Back