• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bluetooth speakers

Buttermaker

Reaction score
There are a gazillion of these things on eBay. Can anyone recommend a good one for $100 or less? Or over $100 with rationale for the extra $?

If you want a small, inexpensive portable speaker for travel, I recommend the JBL Micro or JBL Clip+ (same speaker but with a clip).

If you want a speaker for home use, I would skip Bluetooth technology and go with a wireless speaker such as one of the Sonos speakers.

Man, I haven't thought of B&H Photo in years.

At $100, I'd say UE Mini Boom. At $200, I like the Bose Soundlink Mini over the UE Boom (and I generally dislike Bose).

At $100, I'd say UE Mini Boom. At $200, I like the Bose Soundlink Mini over the UE Boom (and I generally dislike Bose).

I echo the UE Mini Boom. Thing sounds great & you can connect two of them.

Bose Sound Link Color at ~$130 or my favorite, the SoundLink Mini at ~$200. They have a full range of sound including good bass that is often missing with other brands. Battery life is about 8hrs.

I've got a Bose Sound Link Color ($130) and a Jawbone Big Jambox ($225). The Bose is more portable and I don't mind taking it out to the beach. I get bigger sound and a lot more bass from the Jambox. Battery life on the Jambox is really good too.

For a basic speaker, you can't beat the Photive Cyren for $25. Sound is pretty decent too.

Recs for a portable/rugged BT speaker, where primary use will be camping, patio, beach? Have been waiting for UE Boom to drop in price below $150, but perhaps that's more speaker than I need. Not sure whether the 360 sound would be good or bad.

Recs for a portable/rugged BT speaker, where primary use will be camping, patio, beach? Have been waiting for UE Boom to drop in price below $150, but perhaps that's more speaker than I need. Not sure whether the 360 sound would be good or bad.

I bought the Ion 50W Tailgater Active specifically for tailgating. Has an 80 hr battery life and the sound is fantastic: bluetooth, aux cable, and radio capability. Used it at Carolina Country Music fest on the beach for 3 days without recharging and never got lower than 66% battery life. Its not small, but is built for outdoors and sounds perfect for what you would use it for.

I have an original Jambox, but my wife got me this thing on a Black Friday deal last year for like $20 and I use it a lot more especially outside because (a) it is relatively rugged, (b) it is a lot more powerful, (c) the battery lasts a lot longer, and (d) it was cheap so I don't care about risking it in the sand or near water. The only real advantage of the Jambox is the Bluetooth range; I can have my phone in my pocket inside on the other side of the house and it will still play outside, whereas the cheap one needs to be less than about 15-20 feet away and with a direct line of sight.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HEX-808-S...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

I absolutely love my altec lansing life jacket. Sound is unbelievable for a device of that size & it charges my phone several times over. I usually just charge it on the weekend and leave it on the bedside table during the week.

It's actually a prize at D&B so I've picked up a couple at about a $50 pricepoint.

Back