• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob McCreary

Jeez. Megadonors. Probably *the* reason Ron Wellman has kept his job through thick and thin.

GREAT!

Can we get a dorm like the one Kansas built?

I would think it is going to the new building they hadn't finished fundraising for

Last edited:
Much respect for Bob McCreary - these gifts are huge for the Ath. Dept.

With the new filed house completed, what is the next major WF athletics infrastructure project? Renovation to Lawrence Joel?

good grief. At this point just name it "McCreary University at Wake Forest"

He has a long way to go to beat out some guy named Reynolds.

As a fan I'm grateful that he is doing that and for all he's done before, but I have to be honest I'm not crazy about renaming the tower. However, I do understand that's how the game is played.

As a fan I'm grateful that he is doing that and for all he's done before, but I have to be honest I'm not crazy about renaming the tower. However, I do understand that's how the game is played.

Agreed. It's awesome all the money he's giving, but I'd feel weird putting my name all over everything that gets built.

Nice!

McCreary Tower at Bob McCreary Field at THE McCreary University at Wake Forest! :thumbsup:

Hey, Groves Stadium was named for it's benefactors the Groves.

No doubt, I'm just not crazy about renaming something that already has a name. I wasn't crazy about Groves Stadium being BB&T field, it will always be Groves stadium to me.

Much thanks to Mr. McCreary. Astonishing! I would not want to change Deacon Tower to something in my name either but he certainly has the right to.

Back