• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Pittenger's Terrorist Preparedness Manual

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
So, my congressman, and Quail Hollow resident, Robert Pittenger, has prepared a manual called "Preparing Your Home, Family, and Business for Terrorist Attacks; Some Common Sense Suggestions on Getting Ready"

IOt offers helpful pointers such as noting that sarin gas sinks to the ground and cyanide rises into the air. It tells you to avoid Ebola. It tells you how to identify the safest areas of a building during a nuclear blast.

Amazingly, there's no mention of a half dozen members of a sleeper cell walking into Walmart, buying a bunch of semi-automatic weapons and hundreds of pounds of ammo, and opening fire at the state fair. Wouldn't want to be an alarmist, I suppose.

http://pittenger.house.gov/sites/pittenger.house.gov/files/Terrorism Preparedness Manual.pdf

I thought I'd be happier when Sue Myrick retired.

LOL at "safest area of a building during a nuclear blast." I'm reminded of the drills we used to do as kids where we would get under our desks. Like that was going to stop the nuke from incinerating me.

If those Ebola motherfuckers come to my house Im shooting first and asking questions later.

What grade would you give your family, in terms of preparedness for an attack on the country club?

Id give us an A

Shotgun-Golf-31535.jpg

I think I was his daughter's boss when she was a life guard. Hahaha

I'm the same age and we did them in Dallas when I grew up.

Wow, I didn't realize they were still being done by the time you guys were in school. I'm 58 and was in elementary school twenty miles from NYC during the Cuban Missile Crises. We had air raid drills all the time. But after third or fourth grade I don't ever remember having them again.

LOL at "safest area of a building during a nuclear blast." I'm reminded of the drills we used to do as kids where we would get under our desks. Like that was going to stop the nuke from incinerating me.

They did a pretty extensive study on the effects of a suitcase bomb detonated at the White House. Both my home and office were in the "not immediate death, but probably severely burned and definitely going to die of cancer if you survive" zone.

Not exactly comforting.

A lot of pricks would go down before you would though.

Back