• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Saget

Damn. Pour one out for the former Chikara Wrestling Commissioner.

He seemed like a guy that could potentially be really funny, but ended up in two of the most family friendly (and thus neutered) jobs ever. I've not seen his stand up to inform me one way or the other on that opinion.

His stand-up is nothing like Full House or hosting America's Funniest Home Videos. It's like the opposite. I'll just put it like that.

Damn. Pour one out for the former Chikara Wrestling Commissioner.

He seemed like a guy that could potentially be really funny, but ended up in two of the most family friendly (and thus neutered) jobs ever. I've not seen his stand up to inform me one way or the other on that opinion.

According to a couple of articles I just read his stand-up routine was pretty raunchy, so it is ironic that he starred in such a G-rated sitcom for so long. Betty White, Sidney Poitier, and now Saget - I guess these things really do run in threes. As an aside, actor Dwayne Hickman of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" also died today at 87. It ran from 1959 to 1963 and was the first sitcom to feature teenagers as the main characters. I've seen some reruns of it over the years - watching Bob Denver of Gilligan's Island fame as his beatnik buddy Maynard G. Krebbs was always funny.

I’ll always remember Bob Sagat’s version of the Aristocrats joke.

I’m sorry for your loss, GuitarDeac.

Thanks. Although we had grown apart somewhat the last few years he was still a great friend. I will find solace today as I lunch with Mary-Kate and Ashley and discuss the many great memories.

Seriously, very sad. I'm sure he was was beloved by those that knew him.

Thanks. Although we had grown apart somewhat the last few years he was still a great friend. I will find solace today as I lunch with Mary-Kate and Ashley and discuss the many great memories.

Seriously, very sad. I'm sure he was was beloved by those that knew him.

Ok I was legit convinced that guitar knew him until the Mary Kate part.

Last edited:
I’ll always remember Bob Sagat’s version of the Aristocrats joke.

if you like Sagat's version of the Aristocrats joke then Neil Hamburger's Hot February Night might interest you

30 minutes of trolling angry Tenacious D fans before a show in 2007

the crowd goes absolutely apeshit trying to get Neil off the stage

Bob Saget's stand up routine was decidedly "blue." Definitely not family friendly.

I'm guessing drug related death. Apparently there was a "wellness check" to the hotel requested by the family. Sounds ominous.

I'm guessing drug related death. Apparently there was a "wellness check" to the hotel requested by the family. Sounds ominous.
Initial autopsy tox screen came back negative. It'll be 8-10 weeks for the formal report to come back, but drugs nor foul play were suspected.

Yeah I went down a rabbit hole today.

I'm still thinking suicide or maybe heart attack.

Initial autopsy tox screen came back negative. It'll be 8-10 weeks for the formal report to come back, but drugs nor foul play were suspected.

Yeah I went down a rabbit hole today.

I'm still thinking suicide or maybe heart attack.

Depending on the nature of the tox screen technology-wise, it can be pretty limited. They often times only consist of a few common illicit classes of drugs and a handful of non-illicit classes. The extended tox panels usually take a little longer and catch more of the novel psychoactive and prescription drugs. So basically, only time will tell. It very well could be natural causes.

Not necessarily.

Step 1 - don't answer or return phone calls as you normally do.
Step 2 - get worried.
Step 3 - call and ask for a safety check.

Back