• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Woodward’s Trump book

Hahahaha that’s quite the hot take Brit Hume.

I actually to an extent agree with Hume and was initially thankful for Kelly, McMaster, Mattis and to a lesser extent Tillerson. They are or were relatively sane people who potentially had the ability to prevent Trump from doing something too idiotic. Needless to say, I grow more nervous as the months go by and these folks are dropping like flies. Saturday Night Massacres and really stupid military interventions (like invading Venezuela or North Korea) are not beyond the realm of the possible.

why is that a hot take? i don't understand career bureaucrats resigning as some sort of gesture

I actually to an extent agree with Hume and was initially thankful for Kelly, McMaster, Mattis and to a lesser extent Tillerson. They are or were relatively sane people who potentially had the ability to prevent Trump from doing something too idiotic. Needless to say, I grow more nervous as the months go by and these folks are dropping like flies. Saturday Night Massacres and really stupid military interventions (like invading Venezuela or North Korea) are not beyond the realm of the possible.

I agree with you and the general premise of the comment but to use that logic to take a shot at never trumpers is absurd.

Hume’s epiphany should have been “Oh fuck the never trumpers who have been beating this drum since early 2016 we’re actually right. This guy is an unhinged sociopath.”

This is worse than you thought? I think i more or less falls in line with expectations unfortunately.

Yeah, but 2 years ago we were called hysterical, hyper-sensitive libtards because we tried to tell you all that this is exactly what would happen.

Yeah, but 2 years ago we were called hysterical, hyper-sensitive libtards because we tried to tell you all that this is exactly what would happen.

yeah. Then when he got in we were called butthurt and unable to accept the loss.

Fucking republicans, man. What a bunch of easily manipulated weaklings. The Clinton Derangement was spoon-fed to them for 30-odd years from Rush all the way to Hannity and Fox, and they believed every bit of it and voted in an incompetent and foolhardy carnival hawker instead. Nice job, douchebags.

Hahahaahaha..your advancing insomnia and hair loss bring a crocodile tear to my eye

yeah. Then when he got in we were called butthurt and unable to accept the loss.

Fucking republicans, man. What a bunch of easily manipulated weaklings. The Clinton Derangement was spoon-fed to them for 30-odd years from Rush all the way to Hannity and Fox, and they believed every bit of it and voted in an incompetent and foolhardy carnival hawker instead. Nice job, douchebags.

It’s spelled M-A-G-A,squirt

Let me guess..it’s Opposite Day?

Yep, sadly.

Gen. Mattis sums up the once proud journo turned drunken smear artist (Woodward)

“Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Tuesday slammed Bob Woodward’s book about the Trump administration, which claimed he had said the president had the understanding of a “fifth or sixth grader.”
“The contemptuous words about the President attributed to me in Woodward’s book were never uttered by me or in my presence. While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature, and his anonymous sources do not lend credibility,” Mattis said in a statement.

Continuing with Mattis:

“Mattis continued:

While responsible policy making in the real world is inherently messy, it is also essential that we challenge every assumption to find the best option. I embrace such debate and the open competition of ideas. In just over a year, these robust discussions and deliberations have yielded significant results, including the near annihilation of the ISIS caliphate, unprecedented burden sharing by our NATO allies, the repatriation of U.S. service member remains from North Korea, and the improved readiness of our armed forces. Our defense policies have also enjoyed overwhelming bipartisan support in Congress.”

They do not care. They probably hate him now too. He left to become AG, immediately recused himself and didn’t protect Trump, then lost his seat.

Here's what they think. Randy Newman got it right:

We're rednecks, rednecks
And we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground
We're rednecks, we're rednecks
And we're keeping the niggers down

Back