• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boeheim Retiring...

Bullshit, but still good news for Wake. As I posted on the thread about the NCAA sanctions, I really hope Manning turns out to be a stud coach. With Boeheim now confirmed to be out, UNC facing major sanctions, and K approaching 70 (even Pitino is older at 62, and always a threat for NCAA violations), there's going to be a lot of room for new teams to hop into the upper tier of the ACC over the next 10 years.

Reactions: ONW
Bullshit, but still good news for Wake. As I posted on the thread about the NCAA sanctions, I really hope Manning turns out to be a stud coach. With Boeheim now confirmed to be out, UNC facing major sanctions, and K approaching 70 (even Pitino is older at 62, and always a threat for NCAA violations), there's going to be a lot of room for new teams to hop into the upper tier of the ACC over the next 10 years.

Never let it be said that you shied away from a bold position.

Would think that it would be easy to recruit against Cuse given the uncertainty created by this move, particularly if they don't have a coach in waiting.

Never let it be said that you shied away from a bold position.

It's a bold position because I have a lot of doubts at the moment. If Manning doesn't turn into a home run, Wake misses a great chance to get back to the top of the ACC, and the lost 7-8 years that resulted from the [name redacted] hire can potentially stretch out another 5-10 years.

It's a bold position because I have a lot of doubts at the moment. If Manning doesn't turn into a home run, Wake misses a great chance to get back to the top of the ACC, and the lost 7-8 years that resulted from the [name redacted] hire can potentially stretch out another 5-10 years.

I think we all share your position of hoping it turns out. I agree there is an opportunity to jump a few rungs on the pecking order between the K and Wojo eras at dook. I think Manning will be fine or at the very least he deserves a fair chance to prove himself. You can't blame the fire department for the fire.

In terms of making a move, State, Virginia and Notre Dame would have you know the line forms in the rear.

In terms of making a move, State, Virginia and Notre Dame would have you know the line forms in the rear.

When was the last time State was worth a shit? They last won the ACC in 1987

When was the last time State was worth a shit? They last won the ACC in 1987

I have no opinion about that team, less of an opinion about their school and a lower opinion than that about their fans, but they've made noise in the tournament when they've gotten in. Also, they've gotten in.

define worth a shit
Fair point.. I have a visceral reaction to ncsu.. But I just don't see them stepping into the possible Duke, UNC, cuse void..

Also I should clarify they are likely more poised than we are.. But I don't think either is very likely

At least he'll get a chance to enjoy fine Italian dining in Winston-Salem one or two more times.

I thought SU did have a coach in waiting. One of the long-time assistants.

Mike Hopkins was assumed to be Boeheim's successor, but Cuse will be naming a new AD in the next few months, and looking to distance themselves from previous transgressions. Would think the option of hiring outside the program will be strongly considered.

who is going to committ to SU now, not knowing who your coach is going to be? SU hasn't exactly been filled with one-and-dones lately.

Back