• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bomb scare at Hough HS in Cornelius

siff

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
When will this madness end? This school is a few miles from my home. 1500 students evacuated this morning after a "device" was found in a bathroom.

Frightening.

One of the busiest streets here in Chapel Hill was closed yesterday for a little over an hour after someone reported a suspicious package.

my junior year of high school we had several bomb threats a week. they would evacuate us to the football stadium for a few hours and soon they started just holding class out there. you could always tell when we were about to have one if the bell was a second late. then the principal would come on intercom and we would know what it was because there would be a few seconds of silence, a sigh, and then the same message that we needed to proceed in an orderly fashion to the football stadium.

it was scary the first couple of times, but quickly became old hat until 9/11 when some asshole actually did one then.

you could tell the police stopped caring because one morning I pulled into the student lot which is next to the stadium, and just then a bunch of cops pulled up to sweep the stadium first. I walked to the school building and a dean stopped me and said not to go in, about 30 seconds later she got word on her walkie talkie to send students to the stadium. this was all in the span of about 1.5 minutes, so there's no way they could've effectively searched the stadium in that time.

I was a senior in hs when Columbine happened. We had quite a few for the weeks afterwards, and eventually once it grew old, they stopped calling them in.

. then the principal would come on intercom

I know this is a serious thread, but I immediately thought "Attention teachers and students!" when reading barca's post.

PrincipalFryeProm-300x166.png

I know this is a serious thread, but I immediately thought "Attention teachers and students!" when reading barca's post.

PrincipalFryeProm-300x166.png

yeah that's basically it. in fact, the principal I had the first 2 years looked and sounded like that and always did the "Attention teachers and students" like in the sketches. the one we had later on was a giant like 6'5 woman.

Back