• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bon Appetit's 50 Best new Restaurant Nominees 2013

nice list. i've only been to hinoki and the bird, but that place is good as shit.

Looks like I'll have to check out Aska in Greenpoint next time I'm up in BK. Hadn't heard of it. I'll also have to get to Vernick in Philly. Thanks for posting the list. The two in Manhattan I hadn't been to look great as well. Lafayette had insanely good food but the service was awful. Pearl and Ash was pretty great, the octopus with sunflower seeds was AMAZING.

They had Church and Daikaya in DC on there iirc.

ETA: as well as The Ordinary and Xiao Bao Biscuit in Charleston.

Oh i see you were probably saying nothing between those two, exclusive.

Last edited:
I've been to the 2 in Dallas. Spoon and FT33 I thought they were both a bit over-hyped locally, but maybe I'll give them another shot.

Eventide in Portland ME was right in my wheelhouse. Silly oyster list but the whole menu was really good and we pretty much had everything. I love Portland.

Not been to the States very much recently - but have eaten at The Optimist (ATL) and Bar Sajor (SEA). I thought Bar Sajor was terrific, not as huge a fan of The Optimist.

NormApeTit.gif

first thing I thought of.

I need to go back to the General Muir, was not impressed the first time.

Who fucks up matso ball soup? Then gets nominated for this list?

Plus The Optimist, despite my absolute love for it, has tried to kill a couple of my friends.

Back