• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Book suggestions

one4theroad

Reaction score
I got some Nook gift certificates for Christmas. Need some suggestions. I like fiction, historical fiction, and spiritual authors in the vein of Frederick Buechner (not Joel Osteen). Thanks.
Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite books ever. Like most Grisham. Enjoyed Sycamore Row.

http://www.amazon.com/Jeff-[Redacted]-Winning-Match-Up-Zone/dp/B002ZU3GOU

I got some Nook gift certificates for Christmas. Need some suggestions. I like fiction, historical fiction, and spiritual authors in the vein of Frederick Buechner (not Joel Osteen). Thanks.
Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite books ever. Like most Grisham. Enjoyed Sycamore Row.

On the spiritual side- Nouwen is really good, as is J. Philip Newell, R. Rohr, Barbara Brown Taylor (in a different sort of way). Then there are the classics- St. John of the Cross or Bonhoeffer.

Thanks RevDeac06. I have ready most everything from those authors except Newell. Will check him out.

Thanks RevDeac06. I have ready most everything from those authors except Newell. Will check him out.

He's a Celtic theologian, has some good stuff. Christ of the Celts is his most well known work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

He's a Celtic theologian, has some good stuff. Christ of the Celts is his most well known work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think it should be Keltic not Celtic.....anyone from Philly knows anything Celtic is evil. :)

I've really been enjoying books by Eric Larson. They are non-fiction but written like novels. Ghost in the White City is about the Chicago World's Fair and Thunderstruck is about the Marconi telegraph.

Back