• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College

a big game for all parties involved. we rarely play well in alumni stadium but could really use a win to offset the syracuse loss. boston college has got to be feeling the heat fter their rocky start to teh season.

go deacs!

Agreed...this Deacon squad has a chance to make it's own legacy at Chestnut Hill... if they are able to put some ghosts to sleep in the process then all the better.

I can stand a loss here. Damn sure don't want it and with recent indicators I feel we ought to win this thing.

One thing I could not abide seeing is if the Deacs come out 'flat'.

Youth led teams show inconsistency...this Sophomore class must realize that they have accomplished but a little bit and nothing more. They have to bring their "A" mentality week in and out and work through some adversity. A .500 season is what we expected -- dreamt of a possible 7 wins and a bowl (which, like all good Deacs I had us winning in my dreams) but reality has been that most teams whose core group is sophomore based have trouble maintaining a level of execution.

Unless you are Bama and have guys ready for pro ball after their true frosh year then this is a reasonable expectation based on observation. We will have some real nice ups and some inexplicable downs. JMHO.

Given what is before us on the schedule, this is a must win. We once played exceptionally well on the road, that is no longer the case. Must return to the chip on the shoulder attitude that made us so strong before opposition crowds.

This. Not counting the bowl game in '08, we are 4 and 13 on the road since the start of that season.

I don't think there is truly a "must win" until it gets to the point to where if you don't win, you don't play any more that season. My reasoning is when you've still got games remaining and you declare a game a must win, my question is what happens if you lose? Do you just quit right there and say well we're screwed. No, you have to play the rest of the games and give it all you've got. So, I can't call Saturday a must win, however I can call it an extremely important game. We know if we lose at BC, it sure doesn't say much for our chances of beating FSU, Va. Tech, Clemson, UNC, or Notre Dame. It's an extremely important game because I think it will be a guage of just where we're at this season. We're sitting 2-1 and 1-0 in the ACC, which is pretty good, but as nice as the State win was, I don't how much we can hang our hats on that one because State has got tons of issues right now. If we are an improved team, a team capable of going to a bowl, and team capable of staying in the Atlantic division race for awhile, it's a game we need to win. It's not a "must" win game because win or lose we've still got 8 more games to play, but it is a game we need to win badly to accomplish some good things this year. Plus, I think it would put us in a good position going into the next couple of weeks against FSU and Va. Tech. A win and we're 2-0 in the ACC and I think mentally it would free up our guys to go out there against FSU and Va. Tech and just go for it, as opposed to losing at BC and having pressure to make up for it.

If we contain Montel Harris, and don't allow BC to make any "big" plays in the passing game, we should win easily. Our secondary plays well 90% of the time, but when they get burnt they give up long, back breaking touchdowns

Week off for Grobe and co to gameplan that they know means a lot for the season and our bowl hopes. We will be ready to play. Looking for a good game and great game plan from the staff and players.

Answer for DeacsLaw05, Wake is 4-4 following Bye weeks under Grobe. Wins in '02, '06-'08. Losses in '01, '03, '04, '10. No bye week in '05 or '09.

Agreed...this Deacon squad has a chance to make it's own legacy at Chestnut Hill... if they are able to put some ghosts to sleep in the process then all the better.

I can stand a loss here. Damn sure don't want it and with recent indicators I feel we ought to win this thing.

One thing I could not abide seeing is if the Deacs come out 'flat'.

Youth led teams show inconsistency...this Sophomore class must realize that they have accomplished but a little bit and nothing more. They have to bring their "A" mentality week in and out and work through some adversity. A .500 season is what we expected -- dreamt of a possible 7 wins and a bowl (which, like all good Deacs I had us winning in my dreams) but reality has been that most teams whose core group is sophomore based have trouble maintaining a level of execution.

Unless you are Bama and have guys ready for pro ball after their true frosh year then this is a reasonable expectation based on observation. We will have some real nice ups and some inexplicable downs. JMHO.

Healthy team with a bye week. They're 2-1 with a chance to do something. I think they'll be sharp. Price is solid and that is important.

A win gets us half way to bowl eligible...Duke, MD and Vandy (who is improved but so are we) are should wins...FSU, I believe is a toss up, VaTech and Clem will be tough...Stop one WR and one RB and you stop UNC-CHeat...

Back