• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

Purely speculation on my part, but the old man that goes down in the video might have just gone down out of shock/exhaustion. It would be very jarring if an explosion happens when you are within sight of the finish line after 26 miles.

I think you are right...the person right beside him does not seem to get hit by a physical air wave.

Everything I've read is pointing to the fact that the 3rd explosion was contained.

Seeing plenty of speculation about more potential bombs too.

Twitter is great for saying something happened, but really terrible for giving accurate information at first.

ugh seeing reports of ball bearings

The reports for dead and injured are going to be up and down all over the place for this just like any tragedy. I have seen 3 dead, I have seen 12 dead. When all is said and done the proximity of the blast and then amount of people in such a small area I think the totals are going to be on the higher end.

I think this was the older man that went to the ground after the explosion, doesn't appear to have any significant injury as no blood is around him, fortunately.

BH6vVVWCIAIK4Q7.jpg:large

for those of us unfamiliar with these things, what exactly does this mean? like why would it be worse than any other form of bomb/incendiary device?

Creates a shit ton of shrapnel. Tiny metal objects that would fly in every direction at high velocities.

and the reason it is significant is because if they were indeed used, then this was 100% an intentional attack.

Relieved to have just gotten a text, my sister and her husband took their children to see the race this morning but were gone by the afternoon. He only missed qualifying by a minute or he'd have been in the race.

Unreal.

Back